Clarity

• 1.  Adding resources while in a scenario

Posted Jan 27, 2017 11:40 AM

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it is possible, while in a scenario, to add resources? I'm not able to but I am hoping it is just a weird security setting I'm not seeing. Here is an example for context:

Resource John has 2 projects he is on full time: Project A, January-March, and Project B, April-June.

Project A is delayed, so I want to see if there's a way we can still start Project B on time, and have John continue to work on Project A.

I create a scenario and include project A and B in it. I open the Team Detail view for Project B. I would like to see the impact of adding a second resource, Mary, to the project. However when I'm in the scenario, the Add button isn't present. Is this "by design" or am I missing something?

If scenarios only allow users to update existing resources, it seems very limiting. For instance, I would think that "let's throw a consultant on this" would be a popular scenario, which would require adding resources.

• 2.  Re: Adding resources while in a scenario

Posted Feb 11, 2017 03:17 AM

I believe that your feature is not a supported function. We could see how we can add www.advanced-resource-planning.com to portfolios and maybe that would suit your desired functionality...

• 3.  Re: Adding resources while in a scenario

Posted Feb 16, 2017 04:02 AM

Hi

This is "by design". Of course, there always room for improvement. I'd suggest to log an "Idea" in that CA PPM community with your user story.