DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM Maintenance duration

Posted Jan 29, 2017 02:51 AM

Hi,

I have a UIM environment with few hundreds computers.

Running the admin maintenance of the SQL (SQL Server Enterprise 2014) is taking forever.

I see it working at the speed of one table (r/n/h/d) every 7 minutes in average.

I've increased the CPU count and Memory but nothing seems to change, the server is currently working very little (16% cpu, 12GB Memory)

Is there any way I can speed this process? and optimize the SQL/data_engine parameters for best performance.

• 2.  Re: UIM Maintenance duration

Posted Jan 30, 2017 06:18 PM

Enabling partitions will probably help. data_engine > configure > General > check box 'Partition data tables'.

Also this best practices guide should help.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000004820.html 

Ideally it is better for your db admin to take care of table index rebuild for all the tables.

• 3.  Re: UIM Maintenance duration

Posted Feb 23, 2017 11:36 AM

We have similar environment and see similar performance.  Data partitioning has not improved maintenance cycle time.  The data maintenance queries seem to take longer to run vs. running the query manually.  Perhaps the queries need to be optimized?  Is that something our dba should be doing?

• 4.  Re: UIM Maintenance duration

Posted Mar 01, 2017 04:35 PM

Does anyone have any other comments on this post?  Does this sound like an abnormal condition?