Symantec IGA

• 1.  Load balancing for Provisioning servers

Posted Jan 30, 2017 12:31 AM

Hi,

CA Identity Manager can have only one active provisioning server configured using IDM Management console, while the rest of the available provisioning servers are setup for failover. It sends all the traffic to Primary provisioning server until it fails.

As per my understanding, there is no OOTB load balancing configuration available. 

We already have Provisioning directories setup in replication mode providing HA solution.

Sending entire traffic to Primary provisioning server leading to Performance issues. Has anyone implemented load balancing setup to distribute the traffic among all Provisioning servers?

Appreciate any help in this.

• 2.  Re: Load balancing for Provisioning servers

Posted Jan 30, 2017 01:55 PM

Hello,

There is an open idea to support load balancing on provisioning servers. You can take a look here:

Support Load Balancing of Provisiong Server 

Other than that, if you look on the latest comment on that idea. It mentions that load balancing can be archieved on the CA Directory level which I would recommend is your best bet on achieving what you need to do.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 3.  Re: Load balancing for Provisioning servers

Posted Feb 01, 2017 01:12 AM

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your inputs !

I have already looked after the idea to support load balancing on provisioning servers and comment to have load balancing at CA Directory level. It will certainly help to avoid the performance hit when Primary server is not available.

I am more interested in having a solution to actually distribute the traffic evenly among all the provisioning servers.

Appreciate if I can get help in that context.

Regards,

V

• 4.  Re: Load balancing for Provisioning servers

Posted Feb 01, 2017 08:37 AM

Hello VK

You have a support ticket open  00660319 on this very subject

In that ticket, we did state already the same recommendations as Andrew however since you have follow up questions on this, we will address that in this ticket and also come back and close the loop on this post

Thank you

Palaka Bhattacharya

Support Delivery Manager

1-630-210-7191

• 5.  Re: Load balancing for Provisioning servers

Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:04 PM

We are currently facing a significant performance issue as a result of the entire request being thrown at the primary provisioning server only, despite the fact that we have two more improvising servers sitting idle waiting for a fail to happen before they can be used. 

I have gone ahead and voted on the idea of enhancement (probably a feature that is overdue?)

Kind regards, 

Ephrem