Clarity

• 1.  Disable Link - Virtual List Attriubte

Posted Jan 30, 2017 08:40 AM

If you create a virtual attribute in an object list view, and display an icon, if you add a disable link attribute, the icon shouldn't display if the disable link attribute is 0 or null. It was working fine in 14.2 but when we upgraded to 15.1, the icon displays on every row.  Even though icon is displayed, the link IS disabled, which is I guess something - but the icon shouldn't be displayed in the first place...

CA Support has not been able to replicate this condition easily.  Has anyone experienced this issue?

• 2.  Re: Disable Link - Virtual List Attriubte

Posted Feb 16, 2017 04:04 AM

Hi

What does it mean "CA Support cannot reproduce easily"? If the managed to reproduce, it looks like a defect. If it's something it happens just in your environment, then requires further troubleshooting.

Try to flush cache o restart services, but I guess it will not make any difference. I'd suggest to continue troubleshooting with CA support.

• 3.  Re: Disable Link - Virtual List Attriubte
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:13 AM

This message is what prompted the post:

I have been investigating this issue and not found an exact match. I have found past issue with virtual attributes with display conditions and partitioning though.

I am not able to test this issue as I do not have a box that is partitioned at this time.

I would like to suggest that you post this question on the Communities to see if others have experienced this issue.

Best Regards,

xxxx

CA Technologies Support

However, since then, CA Support has been able to re-create the issue and has qualified this as a defect in 15.1

• 4.  Re: Disable Link - Virtual List Attriubte

Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:28 AM

But.. is that issue related due to partitions?

I just tested in my 14.3  (with paritions): Problem does not occur

I just tested in my 15.1 (with partitions): I could reproduce easily issue. It's a defect.

Pls, check with support. You can address them  to me if needed.

• 5.  Re: Disable Link - Virtual List Attriubte

Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:29 AM

Aaaaaaah.. I just read. they reproduced and cualified as defect J