DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  How can i make the normal state of a monitor as 403 Forbidden?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 10:16 PM

Hi There,

I need to have a monitor set up using App Synthetic Monitor that will check a URL via HTTP and will issue an alert if the page can be accessible but will not issue an alert when it returns a 403 forbidden message. There was no option in the advanced view when creating the new monitor so I'm not sure how this can be done?

Thanks,

Denis

• 2.  Re: How can i make the normal state of a monitor as 403 Forbidden?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:42 AM

Hi Denis,

In the script monitor, you could uncheck "ignore HTTP errors", however if you only want to ignore 403 specifically, the only way to do that would be to use a JMeter script, use an assertion to check for 403 errors and when you get one, mark it as a success.  Otherwise JMeter will return that as an actual error.  So you would have to trap that error AFTER it occurs.

Thanks,
    Matt

• 3.  Re: How can i make the normal state of a monitor as 403 Forbidden?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:52 AM

Dear Denis:

Was Matt's answer helpful and help you forward on this issue? Do you have any follow-up questions to his response?

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: How can i make the normal state of a monitor as 403 Forbidden?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Denis:

Not hearing back from you, I marked Matt's response as correct. However, you may pose additional questions/comments as needed

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: How can i make the normal state of a monitor as 403 Forbidden?

Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:01 PM

Yes I believe the approach that Matt suggested is the correct one. Thanks for following it up.

Denis