CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

• 1.  Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:29 AM

Dears,

We have added number of columns on CR object which is causing some issues like template, copy functionality is not working now. CA support has provided 6 patches but it will affect files & mdb as well so can't take a risk of applying patches.

Now thinking to remove those coulmns & create new table which should be extension for CR object.

Let me know if anyone know the steps involved in adding extension table.

Regards,

Sushant

• 2.  Re: Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi Sushant,

If I understand the query right, you are trying to add additional secondary table/field to CR table. This can be achieved the way it was setup OTB by using the ATTRIBUTES parameter to add an extension table to an existing parent table.

For example:

ATTRIBUTES usp_zTable   SECONDARY {
            zField     zfiled_id     SREL  zTable;

zField2    LOCAL INTEGER;

};

Note: Above is a sample table that is referencing to the parent table. Also note that if you have product restrictions on the number of columns then probably the above customizations might also be considered as part of field counts. This has not been tried to the extent of product limitations and hope to hear back from you if you were successful in getting this working for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Maheshwar Kusuma

• 3.  Re: Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi Maheshwar,

Thanks for reply. I am trying to do this but somehow its giving error.

could you please tell me brief steps involved in this. It seems, i am

missing some entries in file.

Regards,

Sushant Bansode

Givaudan GSD Support

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Maheshwar_Kusuma <

• 4.  Re: Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 09:54 AM

Could you place the code here and the error message so that we can analyze the behavior?

• 5.  Re: Does anyone know how to add extension table for CR object? CR object is having limitations of adding up to 200 columns so need to add secondary table to occupy other columns

Posted Jan 25, 2018 10:01 AM

Hi Maheshwar,

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

One more question: is it possible to achieve this using WSP?

I first created my "secondary" table using WSP but when I add the secondary attributes to the parent object, domsrv tells me that it can't be both primary and secondary.

So I need to remove the definition of my secondary table from WSP.mods, which probably means I need to do it again each time I publish the schema...

Best regards,

Francois