Hi all. I'm still struggling with Ad-Hoc reporting. I'm trying to learn.
Goal: Ensure we're spending our resource $$ (Labor Actual Hours, Labor Actual Cost) on highly aligned activities (Investment Goal).
Question: For Date Range X, what is the Time & Cost spend by Investment Goal?
- Historic Time by Goal: Labor Actual Hours by Goal, filtered for Date Range.
- Historic Cost by Goal: Labor Actual Cost by Goal, filtered for Date Range.
- Forecast Time by Goal: Allocation Hours by Goal, filtered for Date Range.
- Forecast Cost by Goal: Allocation Cost by Goal, filtered for Date Range.
Jumping into Ad-Hoc to try to prototype the Historic Time by Goal report above, I create the following collection of data from the Investment Domain (Goal is not available in the Resource Domain). Filtering for our last full fiscal year:
Switching it to a Chart:
I'm comfortable with the technical mechanics of the Jaspersoft Ad-Hoc.
- Conceptually, am I lost? If so, how do I get found? Most training I've seen is mechanics of tool based. Do I need something more "Domains and how to use 'em"?
- Given the requirement above, what am I doing wrong? I notice everything appears to be "line itemed" in the table view. This is not how Webi works. Do I need to create a calculated field where I somehow perform a select distinct to roll this together by Goal?