DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:03 PM

Hi Folks,

Let me describe my environment: I have 1 MOM and 18 Collectors, everything is divided between 3 servers. The version of my Introscope is 9.5.

I have problem between MOM and Collectors, frequently, it stay slow and I cannot get access the tool, it always necessary to restart MOM.

Does someone could help me?

The log is below:

[Collector server1] [Manager.Cluster] Not waiting for response for the message com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceCallMessage: {com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.clocksync.IClockSyncAgent.getTimeSkew, v1, [com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.clocksync.ClockSyncHandshakeCallback@557022b9]} from address Workstation_366.client_main:260 to service address Server.main:308 from thread Collector Server1

[Collector server2 [Manager.Cluster] Not waiting for response for the message com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceCallMessage: {com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.clocksync.IClockSyncAgent.getTimeSkew, v1, [com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.clocksync.ClockSyncHandshakeCallback@1c1dbdb5]} from address Workstation_673.client_main:260 to service address Server.main:308 from thread Collector server2

[Collector server3] [Manager.Cluster] Waited 15000 ms But did not receive the response for the message com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceCallMessage: {com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.console.IConsoleService.ping, v1, []} from address Workstation_0.client_main:263 to service address Server.main:273 from thread Collector server3 -- We will keep waiting and don't log further messages until we receive the reply or time out

[Collector server3] [Manager.Cluster] Got the response for the message com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceCallMessage: {com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.console.IConsoleService.ping, v1, []} to address Workstation_1182.client_main:263 service address Server.main:273 from thread Collector server3

• 2.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi,

Which tool?  Is it Intorscope Workstation?

Please refer:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1396915.html

Thanks

Yanna

• 3.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Posted Feb 02, 2017 07:45 AM

Hi,

It is not between workstation and MOM. The question is about MOM and Collectors. Anyway, thank you, this information is useful

• 4.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:13 AM

Hi Fernando:

It looks like the response was helpful and there are no follow-up questions. So marking as answered. But you may ask additional questions. Do you plan to upgrade to 10.x soon? Every few weeks, I post links on reasons why to upgrade.

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:28 AM

Hallett_German ,

Actually, I wish I could upgrading to 10, but I will plan it first.
    Sorry, I am newbie on Introscope tool. I have working with Infrastructure Tools from CA.

Cheers

Fernando Moreira

• 6.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:46 PM

Per the sizing and performance guide, 10 collectors is supported.  Any higher than that and it is not supported.  With 18 Collectors, the MOM is going to have a hard time keeping up especially with the number of agents you have.

Workstation will give you issues too as you will have more metric groups, alerts, calculators, dashboards, etc...

Both above will give you performance issues.

Recommendation is to split your current cluster into two clusters of 10 Collectors each.  This should take care of your performance issue.

Also 9.5.x has been End of Life since December 15th, 2016.

http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-apm-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html

• 7.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:24 AM

That is true musma03. I have read the documentation, and I saw this information. Is that reason to happen the problem to decrease performance and I cannot get to access the tool? Or do you think that could have other reasons as well?

• 8.  Re: Fail Connectivy between MOM and Collectors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:34 AM

Performance issues generally have more than 1 smoking gun.  In your situation, you have created a store with 1 cashier and too many customers.  The one cashier cannot handle all the customers at the same time.  Not only that, the cashier is getting requests to answer questions from other customers about the inventory.

So to start, your best bet is to create two clusters, each with 10 collectors.  This will alleviate most of the performance issues you have.  From there, you can determine, if there are any additional underlying performance issues.