Clarity

• 1.  Turn new UI on/off per user

Posted Feb 01, 2017 02:03 PM

Hi,
    I am currently testing the 15.1 upgrade on my test environment. We were told that the New UI could be turned on and off for each user, but I am not seeing that option. I found this documentation:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/administration/configure-general-system-settings#ConfigureGeneralSystemSettings-EnabletheppmnewforProjectManagementandTimesheets

but that is specific to the Global option. Does anyone know how to do this?

• 2.  Re: Turn new UI on/off per user

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:55 PM

The way I see it you enable the New User Experience globally.

What comes after that is the access rights.

With a quick look I came accross

New User Experience Access Rights - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

which really does not give what you need. I think you need the opposite.

Look at the rights on the system for more.

• 3.  Re: Turn new UI on/off per user

Posted Feb 02, 2017 01:38 AM

Even though the New UI is turned on globally, the ability for individual users to work on it, depends on what access rights their account has. The New UI lets only those with Project and Timesheet access to work in it, for 15.1. For everyone else, say an account with access to only Incidents, it says, "You do not have permissions for project or timesheet".

• 4.  Re: Turn new UI on/off per user
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 02, 2017 12:22 PM

Do you just want to trial with a certain set of users?

The users need the global right "api - access" to be able to access the new UI otherwise they get this

So restrict that right to just users you want to access the new UX.

What they see in the new UX (timesheets, projects) is based on their rights too.

• 5.  Re: Turn new UI on/off per user

Posted Feb 02, 2017 03:07 PM

Thanks, this is helpful. This is what I was looking for.