DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

• 1.  UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 01, 2017 06:05 PM

I have installed cabi 1.0 with UIM 8.4.7 as per the instructions in the document and the installation seems to have completed successfully without any errors and the below message was displayed in the cabi log file 

[UserSynchronizationThread, cabi] Finished synchronizing users between UIM and CABI

After the install I tried logging into the jasper console and do not actually see any default UIM reports available in the library

Is there something I am missing here ? Did anyone come across this issue ?

• 2.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 01, 2017 06:10 PM

They should show up in UMP > Unified Dashboards > CA Business Intelligence Dashboards

• 3.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 01, 2017 06:37 PM

I dont see them under unified dashboards, I have followed the  8.4.7 documentation and also looked at 8.5 documentation just now and there is one thing which is different in 8.5 docs which is the " Update the Unified Dashboards Menu" section where we download the cabi.lar file and import it in UMP .

Do I need to do this in 8.4.7 too see see it under unified dashboards ?

Install CA Business Intelligence with CA UIM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentat… 

Install or Upgrade CA Business Intelligence with CA UIM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5 - CA Technologies D… 

Also I should be able to see the reports even in the Jasper library, I dont see them there too..

• 4.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:52 AM

Yes you need to follow those steps. In my lab I didn't see this until I followed those steps.

If you create a new test ump user and login you might see the new Unified Dashboard entries under their account. Under your old account it doesn't update existing user settings.

• 5.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:16 PM

Well , I actually see those reports in the Unified Dashboards

My issue is that I when I click on any of the reports it throws me the below error 

When I login to the jasper console directly I dont see any UIM related data sources  nor the reports 

So, just wondering what is that I missed to do.

• 6.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:19 PM

Deply the uim_core_dashboards_pack and uim_azure_dashboards_pack packages onto the robot where the cabi probe is installed.  Per documentation this should NOT be the UMP server; 

Also create a new user after the fact and one you log in, you will see the new dashboard entries under Unified Dashboards.

• 7.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:50 PM

Thanks,

these package are available as part of the UIM 8.5 install package and I am on 8.4.1 using cabi 1.0 . Anyhow I tried downloading the package and tried deploying onto the cabi server but no luck

I have tried the cabi setup in my 8.4.7 test environment a couple of months back and it went fine without any issues and only difference is that I installed cabi on my UMP server in my test environment as I could not afford an additional server.unfortunately I dont have that machine now to reference it and check.

• 8.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 11:49 AM

Phani!

Re-deploy ump_cabi probe on UMP server!

• 9.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 02, 2017 05:06 PM

Yeah, I've tried that option already but nothing changed 

• 10.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 03, 2017 10:46 AM

Hi,

Can you please open a support case and we can investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Mark

• 11.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 05, 2017 05:12 PM

I already have a ticket open with Support, just trying to see if I can get quick hints from the community to fix the issue 

Thanks,

• 12.  Re: UIM 8.4.7 : Default uim cabi reports missing after install

Posted Feb 05, 2017 10:54 PM

Got the issue resolved. 

Just in case anyone is interested ....I had to drop the cabi tables from the database and do a reinstall of cabi after deleting the below folders

- <nimsoft home>\cabi

- <nimsoft home>\probes\service\cabi

- <nimsoft home>\probes\service\wasp

Thanks for all the hints