IT Process Automation

• 1.  Dynamically Creating/Adding Resource Objects

Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:52 AM

Does anyone know  of a way to dynamically create resource objects through an external program or webservice rather than using the PAM UI?

• 2.  Re: Dynamically Creating/Adding Resource Objects

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Tom,

You would need to build a process in PAM that does the work of creating the resource.  Then you can call that process from a webservice using the executeProcess web service:

executeProcess Method - CA Process Automation - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Dynamically Creating/Adding Resource Objects

Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:02 AM

Thanks Andy.  But I’m not clear on the first part of your response.  How would a PAM process be engineered to create the PAM resource?  Is there a particular operator that I would use, or a javascript function, or a Webservice?  Please advise.

• 4.  Re: Dynamically Creating/Adding Resource Objects
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:14 AM

My apologies Tom.  I was too quick to answer your question.  There is the "Manage Resources" operator that can manage existing resources but I am not seeing the option I thought was there to create the resource.

My only other thought is to use the importObject webservice call.  Although this would require you to have exported XML of the resource you want to create.  But you could build a generic resource and export the XML once and then you have that XML to use anytime you call the importObject webservice to create a resource.  

Sorry there isn't a more straight forward way to do that.  Might we worth an enhancement request.  Enhancements are created here in the communities as "ideas" and these ideas are evaluated in the next release of the product for enhancements to the product.

• 5.  Re: Dynamically Creating/Adding Resource Objects

Posted Feb 02, 2017 10:23 AM

Andy.  Thanks so much for your response.  I will open up an enhancement request for this functionality to be considered for the future.