Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Is adding users necessary when integrating LDAP?

• 1.  Is adding users necessary when integrating LDAP?

Posted Feb 03, 2017 10:16 AM

Hi 

I watched yesterday's webcast about LDAP integration. Due to some audio problems and limited time I wasn't able to get an exact answer for my question. 

Let's say I integrate DevTest with the existing LDAP. In the LDAP I create groups that map to the DevTest roles and I put the LDAP users into the corresponding LDAP groups.

With this setup every LDAP user is in the appropriate LDAP group. And every LDAP group is mapped to a DevTest role. And every DevTest role has appropriate DevTest permissions.

So, I do NOT want to give inidividual permissions in DevTest to single users because this would scatter permission definitions in LDAP and DevTest. 

I understood in the webcast that I nevertheless need to add the users (by activating "autoAddUsers" or by creating them). Is this correct? Because with the setup described I actually don't need the users in DevTest. Authentication and authorisation is done on group level. 

Thanks for clarifying

Stephan

• 2.  Re: Is adding users necessary when integrating LDAP?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2017 09:26 AM

Stephan,

You do not need to use the autoAddUsers because your LDAP users are mapped to LDAP groups that you have assigned DevTest roles to.

• 3.  Re: Is adding users necessary when integrating LDAP?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 09:51 AM

Great, thanks!