DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 03, 2017 02:23 AM
    I have a VM machine (2 vCPU and 4GB RAM) secondary hub which experience random days of having spike in CPU usage of more then 80% then robot inactive alarms was triggered. I have been collecting QOS on the probes in this hub through Processes Probe version 4.00. Can't seem to collect any nimsoft processes having CPU high usage, except high memory usage when event happens. The past few days I have turn on threads and handle QOS collection for the processes .

I would like to know how I should troubleshoot this ?
    Below is the list I probe that is installed on the robot.

• 2.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:52 AM

I would suggest installing the latest version of CDM.

set alarms on CPU usage over say 65% and have it send the top processes using the CPU

see the below section:

Top CPU consuming processes in alarm: specifies the number of top CPU consuming processes that are included in CPU usage alarms.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/cdm-cpu-disk-memory-performance-monitoring/cdm-im-configuration#cdmIMConfiguration-ConfigureAlarmThresholdsforCPU,Memory,andPaging

• 3.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 03, 2017 07:24 PM

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the info. Didn't know this enhancement were introduced to CDM on version 5.60. I will try to bring that enhanced version into the environment in a couple of days to try it out. Is it in the advance on option tap.

Regards
    Guam Hua.

• 4.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 05, 2017 07:59 PM

Hi Gene,

Want to check with you is hardware requirement below same across all probes.

I saw it listed in the wiki. But when I went to nimsoft Archive shows None for Hardware requirement.

• Memory: 2-4GB of RAM. The OOB configuration of the probe requires 256 MB of RAM.
    • CPU: 3 GHz dual-core processor; 32-bit or 64-bit

Regards

Guan Hua

• 5.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 05, 2017 11:02 PM

Hardware requirements for all the probes may not be same all the time. It is better to check the release notes of individual probes to get the correct "Probe Specific Hardware Requirements"

Better place to check is the docops site release notes , than the release note in archive 

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

• 6.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 06, 2017 01:56 AM

Hi Phani,

I think I will post the hardware requirement as a question as I use the search result of wiki it show 3Ghz dual-core processor it shows more like web page issue.

I got 839 results.

Regards

Guan Hua

• 7.  Re: Need help on random days of secondary hub having spike in CPU usage then robot inactive

Posted Feb 06, 2017 04:21 AM

Ok 

Not sure why its showing up that many results in search, may be majority of the probes has 3GHz as a min.. but the best place to verify is the individual probes release notes and the requirements might vary from probe to probe