DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CA UIM - Infrastructure Manager vs MCS vs AdminConsole

Posted Feb 07, 2017 11:33 AM

Hello Folks,

I have a doubt about the new version of CA UIM 8.x

Which console has more priority ?

If i make a change on cdm probe via Infrastructure Manager, the changes will reflect on MCS profile ? 

If I make a change on cdm via AdminConsole, the changes will reflect on MCS profile ?

Regards,

Jean Gomes

• 2.  Re: CA UIM - Infrastructure Manager vs MCS vs AdminConsole

Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi,

I think the answer is no for both of your questions. I'm not sure at 100% for Admin Console but for the Infrastructure Manager it's sure. 

So if you made a change with AC or IM it's considered like a "local update" of the profile.

Best Regards

Thomas

• 3.  Re: CA UIM - Infrastructure Manager vs MCS vs AdminConsole

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 10:24 PM

Hello.

There is no concept of which User Interface has more priority in between IM, Admin Console and MCS.

Please note - In general, these User Interfaces are basically behaving independently.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 4.  Re: CA UIM - Infrastructure Manager vs MCS vs AdminConsole
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2017 05:13 AM

Hi,

Agreed with Thomas answer. Yes, console are behaving independently and that's a complex thing to deal with. Basically, if you use MCS, then you have to use *ONLY* MCS for profile definition/modification/deletion/deployment. If you do something on an MCS profile through the IM, then, data are not synchronized anymore and that's wrong.

I would say there's two way to go now:

* MCS only

* IM/AdminConsole

However, as long as you use MCS for profile and IM/AdminConsole for small modification, probe deployment, data consultation, robot management and all thos administrative actions, you should be perfectly fine. The gold rule here is: don't modify anything pushed by MCS outside of MCS.