Symantec IGA

• 1.  CA IDM Localization - Default Language (Spanish)

Posted Feb 07, 2017 10:33 AM

Hello Guys,

I've been looking for documentation on how to localize CA IDM to a default language, in my case Spanish.

I was able to allow users to select from a dropdown wich language they'd like to use, but there are multiple languages that are not needed. Is there a way to configure IDM to use only one default language (Eg. Spanish) or remove some of the languages that show up  when you enable Language Switching?

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  Re: CA IDM Localization - Default Language (Spanish)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2017 10:53 AM

Set the imlanguage HTTP Header in a CA SiteMinder Response - CA Identity Manager - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

In order to accomplish this you will need to have SSO in integrate with.

Set the imlanguage HTTP Header in a CA SiteMinder Response - CA Identity Manager - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

When CA Identity Manager integrates with CA SSO, you can define a user’s locale preference using an imlanguage HTTP header. In CA SSO, you set this header within a CA SSO response and specify a user attribute as the header’s value. This imlanguage header acts as the highest priority locale preference for a user.

• 3.  Re: CA IDM Localization - Default Language (Spanish)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2017 11:07 AM

If you don't have SSO integrated, the other way to do this is to simply replace the iam_im.ear/custom/resourceBundles/IMSResources.properties with IMSResources_es.properties. You'll need to do this with all of the other properties files in that directory as well.

IM uses the unlabelled files as the defaults. Copying the *_es.properties files to lose the "_es" would make this content the default. In this case "es" is for Spanish. 

W.