CA Service Management

• 1.  few question related to pdm_maileater_nxd deamon

Posted Feb 08, 2017 11:17 AM

Hi community,

pls help me to understand about mail eater and animator functionality?

1. from which folder in Service Desk installation that mail eater takes the mails from mailbox and processes?

2. Where can i found the deliverable mails and un processed mails?

3. In which folder that i need to clean up to decreased the load on mail eater process.

4. Is animator process is responsible in creating the tickets from mail eater process ?

Thank you

• 2.  Re: few question related to pdm_maileater_nxd deamon
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 08, 2017 11:29 AM

Hi Venkateswarlu

Responding to your questions (based on the most recent sdm releases):

1. SDM goes to the mail server, to a specific account (defined in SDM) and takes the messages from there.

2. Under NX_ROOT\site\mods you have:

- mail_queue: which are the messages to be processed by pdm_mail_nxd

- mail_undeliverable: which are the mails not delivered.

There isn't a folder with the list of processed mails. All messages are automatically removed from the mail_queue folder, no matter if processed with success or not.

3. It does not apply, in this case. As explained in question 1, the messages are not stored locally in the SDM install folder when pdm_mail_eater is used. So, there isn't a folder in which the messages are stored to then be processed.

4. No. It is pdm_maileater_nxd process which reads the messages and starts this process.

Note that we have a mix of topics, here: reading emails (pdm_mail_eater) and delivering emails (pdm_mail_nxd).

Regards

Sandra