Clarity

• 1.  What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 08, 2017 05:06 PM

Hello All,

What difference we see in the Excel Document if we select Export to Excel Option or Export to Excel(Data Only) option at the Portlet or at any list views.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:08 AM

I don't know if I understand your question properly. Are you talking about the difference in format, of the resulting file?

• 3.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 05:03 AM

Hello Jaya,

We use Export to Excel (Data Only) to get the data that we need as a proper Report in an Excel file. Export to Excel could simply mean to export the entire page contents with the symbols, etc., and not giving the result in a proper Excel Report. You can try it yourself to check.

Suhail.

• 4.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 05:46 AM

data only is xml. Nether options are very good for producing excel workbooks.

Consider building this report in jaspersoft, since that exports nicely.

• 5.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 08:32 AM

Yes data only is xml while the extension is xls and that is why it gives an error when you open the file.

Export to Excel is .xlsx which is the current extension and format. Go to http://www.nbl.fi/~nbl3674/Clarity/Export_to_Excel_from_Clarity.pdf 

to see the difference in practise.

• 6.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 08:37 AM

Suppose if i choose Export to Excel after running the TD Posted Transaction review, I have selected Excel to Export(I got 300 records) and Excel to Export (Data Only)(I got 449 records) options , where (data Only) option was showing exact results.
    here is the link (Remove Export to Excel From Clarity ) stating that 300 is the limitation  if we select Excel to Export will fetches 300 records. I got 300 records exactly, but these records dosent match with records shown on clarity screen.

Thanks.

• 7.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:08 PM

Yes there are differences other than the formats record limitation being one.

There is a logic, but that may not be as desired.

Is that a portlet or a list view or somethign else? What do you see in the GUI and what do you get in the Export?

• 8.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:44 PM

I have run the Posted Transaction Review OOTB Portlet and went for Export to Excel option which is showing 300 records and the Amount column is showing 38,000 where in portlet it was showing 43,000

• 9.  Re: What is the difference if we select Export to Excel and Export to Excel(Data Only)

Posted Feb 10, 2017 03:42 AM

Obviously if there is a limit on 300 records out of a displayed 449 records, then the 300 you get exported will be a subset of the 449 and totals will vary from that displayed on-screen (the full set of records).