AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  How to debug cyclic applications

Posted Feb 08, 2017 06:54 PM

Hello partners!

How can I debug cyclic applications?

Currently I use the command "PURGECOMPLETEDJOBS" but if my primary server is not available I can not use it and then it is not useful to have the application redundant.

I need to have this debugging in automatic without having to be aware of which server this is as primary and much less having to make a modification every time you change the node

Is there any way to run this type of commands from a bat regardless of which server this is as primary?

Is there a way to make a group with two agents to execute this command?

Thanks and regards!!

*/*\**/*\**/*\**/*\**/*\**/*\**/*\*

Hola compañeros!

Como puedo depurar aplicaciones ciclicas?

Actualmente uso el comando "PURGECOMPLETEDJOBS" pero si mi servidor primario no esta disponible no lo puedo usar y entonces no sirve tener redundante el aplicativo.

Necesito tener esta depuracion en automatico sin tener que estar al pendiente de cual servidor este como primario y mucho menos de tener que hacer una modificacion cada que se cambie de nodo

Hay alguna manera de ejecutar este tipo de comandos desde un bat sin importar cual servidor este como primario?

Hay manera de hacer un grupo con dos agentes para ejecutar este comando?

Gracias y saludos!!

• 2.  Re: How to debug cyclic applications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2017 11:23 AM

Hello,

When you run any commands, you need to login to the Primary server.  All the workload processing takes place in Primary.  The Standby server is mainly there to monitor Primary.  If the Primary becomes unresponsive or unavailable, then Standby takes over the workload and becomes Primary.

So if your Primary becomes unavailable, then your Standby will become main server.  You can disconnect and then log back in.  The Desktop Client will automatically connect to whichever is Primary.

As for debugging cyclic, what is that you would like to debug.  Is there any particular issue with your jobs?

If so then, please contact support for any additional help.

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

Principal Support Engineer

CA

• 3.  Re: How to debug cyclic applications

Posted Feb 14, 2017 11:26 AM

You have to use the cli script or the batch file (depends on what OS you have the cli installed on); you find this script in the DE server installation ../bin directory, or in the CLI Standalone installation ../bin.

This script has both Primary and the Standby servers defined as the parameters, then

"REM The values for (server1.host, server1.port) and (server2.host, server2.port)
    REM identify two servers, the primary and the standby, the order not being important.
    REM In batch mode, if unable to connect to the server indicated by the command options,
    REM the utility tries automatically to connect to one of the servers indicated by these values.
    REM If the command indicates that standby to be used, the server in standby mode is identified automatically
    REM and the command is issued against it. Otherwise the connection is established with the server that is in
    REM primary mode"

(this is an excerpt from the code of the script).

NB. The DE server version should be either 11.3.x, or the 12.0.x

• 4.  Re: How to debug cyclic applications

Posted Feb 15, 2017 01:05 PM

Hello Nitin Pande
    What I need is that from the monitor I can see the operation of the day plus the operation yesterday, this I understand I achieve using the command from a Job:
    SERVER PORT USER PASSWORD PURGECOMPLETEDJOBS olderthan ('now less 2 day')
    The detail is that this runs on the primary server if at some point the server is not available and I am working on the secondary this fails and it does not.
    Another detail is that I have many cyclic applications and have this configuration would be something that could not monitor that is why I would need to have Jobs that are debugging or removing the completed applications but only the cyclical applications and that are not cyclical if I need to see them. Here enter the detail of the primary server all these Jobs would run on the primary server if it is not available they do not serve.
    Then I come to the questions:
    How do other customers do?
    What does the product of two servers count for if the basic maintenance functions need both?

Hello Mikhail Nemtsev
    I understood you, let me see if I achieve what I need directly using the cli.bat

Thank you very much to both!

Hola Nitin Pande

Lo que necesito es que desde el monitor yo pueda ver la operación del dia mas la operación de ayer, esto tengo entendido lo logro usando el comando desde un Job:

SERVIDOR PUERTO USUARIO PASSWORD PURGECOMPLETEDJOBS olderthan('now less 2 day')

El detalle es que esto corre en el servidor primario si en algun momento no esta disponible el servidor y estoy trabajando en el secundario esto falla y no lo hace.

Otro detalle es que tengo muchas aplicaciones cíclicas y tener esta configuración seria algo que no podría monitorear es por eso que necesitaría tener Jobs que estén depurando o retirando las aplicaciones completadas pero solo las cíclicas ya que las aplicaciones que no son cíclicas si necesito verlas. Aquí entra de nuevo el detalle del servidor primario todos estos Jobs correrían en el servidor primario si no esta disponible no sirven.

Entonces llego a las preguntas:

Como le hacen otros de sus clientes?

Para que cuenta el producto de dos servidores si las funciones básicas de mantenimiento necesitan de los dos?

Hola Mikhail Nemtsev

Ya te entendí, déjame ver si logro lo que necesito usando directamente el cli.bat

Muchas gracias a ambos!

• 5.  Re: How to debug cyclic applications

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:13 AM

Hi Ayzar,

So, I believe you are trying to connect to Standby (or Secondary) and run the CLI commands.  As I mentioned, the Standby server mainly monitors database and the Primary server.  You should only connect to Primary to run any commands.  If the Primary server is failed or is unavailable, then the Standby server will initiate and start taking over the workload.  The Standby will then become Primary, however this can take a few moments.  Here is a link to more details on how the failover process takes place.

The above link will also provide you details on your question "What does the product of two servers count for if the basic maintenance functions need both?".

Thank you,

Nitin Pande