Layer7 API Management

• 1.  service.wsdlQueryEnabled

Posted Feb 08, 2017 01:11 PM

Hi, 

I have noticed something strange with the following cluster wide property setting service.wsdlQueryEnabled.

When service.wsdlQueryEnabled=true, i am not able to download wsdl and i am getting a 404 not found. 

When service.wsdlQueryEnabled=false, i am able to retrieve wsdl document.

But as per the description i see in the documents, it should be working the other way? Gateway v8.1

service.wsdlQueryEnabled

Controls whether the download of WSDL using the "?wsdl" URL suffix is permitted. When enabled, the WSDL document can be downloaded using the resolution path of the service. Value is a Boolean.

Default: true

For details, see WSDL URL by Resolution URI.

Regards,

Anand Rudran

• 2.  Re: service.wsdlQueryEnabled

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2017 01:45 PM

Hi Anand,

I was not able to reproduce this with Gateway 8.1.  Do you see anything in the ssg logs? When set to true you should see something along these lines below. If your case is working in reverse I would expect a setting of false would produce these entries.

com.l7tech.server.WsdlFilter: Forwarding WSDL request to '/ssg/wsdl?uri=/uri'

.com.l7tech.server.WsdlProxyServlet

A silly question, but are you hitting the same WSDL over the same port? I only ask because WSDL downloads can be enabled / disabled per port (via Manage listen ports).

What is the result of going directly to: https://<host>:<port>/ssg/wsdl  with it set to True and False?

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: service.wsdlQueryEnabled

Posted Feb 08, 2017 03:48 PM

Hi Joe,

I was talking about querying the wsdl of exposed apis directly with the wsdl query url as resolution path, I thought the setting is applicable to that too.

Example: https://host:8443/TestService/service.serviceagent?wsdl

Port has default settings and I did not see any log entry other than below.
    2017-02-08T14:22:11.582-0500 INFO    907 com.l7tech.server.admin: ClusterProperty #74d88f2733bdccf24940b91501e8dcb3 (service.wsdlQueryEnabled) updated (changed value)

Thanks & regards,
    Anand

• 4.  Re: service.wsdlQueryEnabled
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2017 04:25 PM

Thanks Anand. I tested using  the query URL as well: https://ssg.com:8443/soap/service.serviceAgent?wsdl 

When set to true this works, when false it does not. When this is called it internally forwards to /ssg/wsdl

this is why I mentioned testing of that endpoint. It seems the forwarding endpoint is accessible regardless of the setting (true or false).

Though for your case I would still have expected to see some log entries from the WsdlProxyServlet.

If nobody else in the communities has other suggestions it  may be worth opening  a case so we can review further.

Regards,

Joe

• 5.  Re: service.wsdlQueryEnabled

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:27 AM

Thanks Joe...