Clarity

• 1.  resource allocation and availability

Posted Feb 09, 2017 03:58 AM

Hello every one,

i am seeing one issue in time slices data.

one resource avilablitiy is 7.5 hours/day. when i check the resource availabilty in the resource allocation section it shows 38 hours per week(ideally it should be 37.5). and the resource is allocated 41 hours. In the Over/under allocation portlet, this resource has been displayed as over allocated by 4 for a week(ideally it should be 3.5), also when we see it in monthly slices it shows over allocated by 12 hours/month ie: 162/150.

Please let me know if this is actual behavior of the clarity as to roudning off to next integer(for ex:37.5 to 38 ) or any setting am missing to get the accurate data.

Thanks in advance

Daya

• 2.  Re: resource allocation and availability

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:07 AM

The application will not "round" numbers but it might display numbers rounded - check whether you have those fields set up to display decimals or just as integers (i.e. perhaps its getting rounded only in the display of the info)

• 3.  Re: resource allocation and availability

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:18 AM

HI Dave

Yes the tiem slice setting has this to include 0 decimal places for resource allocation. and in the portlet the data type of the resource availability is number. so both are set to display as number that why calculation its correct. after all its showing half mark( 5.5 will be 6) extra/more.

thanks a lot, i 'll be constatly reaserching/checking on the issue i report to you guys, at certain point of time i feel like i should contact you guys. you support is extra-ordinary. Cheers.

Thanks

Daya