Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Issue with User Creation

• 1.  Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 10, 2017 12:50 AM

Hi,

I'm using CA PPM On Demand 14.3. I've an issue with adding new user at the On Demand Control Panel. When I try to create new user, I got error stating "You have entered an invalid data". Also can you please brief me why is this required actually when we have the option to create new resource at the applciation level under Adminstration > Resource. Is there any job to sync both application user and user created at Control panel, i.e. both way synchronizing ( Control Panel <===> Application).

Thank you in advance.

Monica

• 2.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:08 AM

If you are behind the portal in SAAS then you need to create in portal because authentication happens at Portal because the system is SSO and not create an user in PPM because authentication will happen at portal and not PPM

• 3.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 10, 2017 06:45 AM

SumanPramanik, thank you for the info, I've created a resource in system side. Is there a way to delete it and create it at the portal? Also I tried to create a new user at the portal. But I land up in error stating "Invalid user id". Is there a way to sort it out and create that user at the portal level?

• 4.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:24 AM

Once you create it there is no way to delete a user, it can only be deactivated. 

• 5.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 12:27 AM

Suman, this was not at the control panel level. It's at the application level. Also when I tried to add new user, I get error stating "Invalid user entry". 

Here goes the scenario that I face - User A is already existing in CA PPM with unique ID X. But now the user A wants to change the unique id to Y. Then we tried to lock the existing user changing the mail id suffixed with 1. And then we tried to create new user at CA PPM Control Panel and I get "Invalid user entry" error. Is there a way out to fix this issue? 

Monica

• 6.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 12:39 AM

Monika,

The user information is cascaded from portal to PPM, so you need to change the same in portal. Have you tried that? To change user email address see the technical document 

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1040162.html 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 7.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 01:31 AM

Suman, that was helpful. I tried to locate 'Username Sync job' in clarity. Unformtunately I couldn't locate any. I'm with CA PPM v14.3. Also, the change is done in both On Demand portal and Application front. And here I need to change the unique ID of the user and not the mail id. Since the login is SSO enabled with mail, I tried to change the mail ID with simple suffix. This was done successfully and no error is thrown. But I get error when I try to create new user in On Demand Portal. Is there a way to fix it? 

• 8.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 01:39 AM

Hi Monica,

The document needs little bit of correction, the job is not there in PPM but it runs at certain interval on portal side. So once the change is made, wait for an hour or so and then check at portal end.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 9.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 01:45 AM

Suman, I've a user X with mail ID x@y.com with unique ID A. Now the unique ID, which is enter once field needs to be changed to Unique ID B. To perform this process, I changed the existing user X mail id to x1@y.com and then I tried to create the same user X with mail ID x@y.com with unique ID B. I'm trying to change the unique ID and not the mail ID in my case.

Can you please suggest me if that's right thing to do if there is need to change the unique ID?

Also, what could be alternate ways to do if i need to change the unique ID?

Monica

• 10.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 01:50 AM

Monica, 

I am assuming you meant unique ID = Resource ID in PPM if thats the case we don't allow changing the same when its not editable. There is a purpose of making that field uneditable to maintain the data integrity. Please read through the KB to know more https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec493687.html 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 11.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 04:09 AM

I get it Suman, That is the reason that we are changing the resource ID. The issue is that the resource ID was entered wrong and now the user wants to correct it. I tried to creat an already existing user with different resource ID. But I get the "Invalid data entered" error. How can I rectify this issue? 

Monica

• 12.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 04:29 AM

Hi Monica,

Just changing resource ID can have implication across the board if the user had timesheets posted and financials against it. Also deleting or changing needs to be done at database level after analysing the details and community is not a place where we can work on the detailed analysis. So request you to open a case and we can work to see what best can be done.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 13.  Re: Issue with User Creation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 04:57 AM

Thank you for the guidance Suman!