CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I set a notification for a specific group when a ticket is resolved?

Posted Feb 09, 2017 02:21 PM

To better explain here is my situation:

We have two help desks, one internal to IT and one that helps all users within the company.  They create tickets for issues and requests then assign them to the support groups.  The support groups are(usually) great about updating tickets with info and changing the status but they are not so great at communicating back to the help desks that the issue has been resolved.

What I would like is, if the help desk creates a ticket and assigns it to a support team, that the help desk gets a notification once the ticket is placed in the resolved status.

• 2.  Re: How can I set a notification for a specific group when a ticket is resolved?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 01:35 AM

Hi,

Technicaly, You may simply add an event to the associated activity notification.

Then you can manage the condition (may you want to verify any prior to send your notification) and use a multiple notification macro as the action to send out.

That say,

I don't think this is a good approach if you just notify the helpdesk but the ticket remain on the support group.as there is no accountability of the Service Desk

My approach will be using similar technic of above to transfer the ticket back to the Helpdesk.

Then the helpdesk have a better visibility (as ticket is in their queue) and is accountable to reachback to end users. You also better measure OLA of each and others.

My 2 cents.

8/J

• 3.  Re: How can I set a notification for a specific group when a ticket is resolved?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:52 AM

Hi Richard,

You can simply use the Resolved Activity Notification. On the message template for this notification you would then just put the 'Help desk' group or specific individuals you want to notify in the 'Contacts' tab. So when the ticket status changes to resolved, these people would be notified.

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: How can I set a notification for a specific group when a ticket is resolved?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:21 AM

agree Brian

Look like I complicate thing time to time

Note that I still think this is better to transfer back from a process perspective

/J

• 5.  Re: How can I set a notification for a specific group when a ticket is resolved?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 09:33 AM

Thanks jmayer and Brian!  I will probably try a mix of these solutions.