Clarity

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2017)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2017)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 02:00 PM

Miss the February PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in March for the next session!

from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: Hi
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone! We'll be starting a few minutes after the hour.
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Hi Everyone! We'll be starting in just a few minutes.
    from Lynn to Everyone: When choose Export to Excel (regardless of option) in Jaspersoft Reports, there are blank columns being inserted - this is when the report only contains columns (no fancy grahics, etc) and ther is no grouping. CSV exports better but always shifts the columns over. We have tried various settings and have the columns formatted the best we can (they cannot all be equal widths). any recomnedation on how to get it to where it exports correctly?
    from Lynn to Everyone: sorry- did not meant to hit enter :)!!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: @lynn - no worries let's get started
    from Lynn to Everyone: These are reports created in Studio. Our developer is finding the only way is to include a "data only" paramter, but I was hoping there was an eaiser way.
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Lynn is this only with custom reports, do the OOTB work fine?
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: We are currently on v14.2 and will be upgrading to 15.1, I have been asked to put some sort of schedule together on this. Is there any documentation availalbe outlining the typical steps for the upgrade?
    from Lynn to Everyone: @Nika, I can't find an ootb report that only has columns and no group by options, Can you suggest one? This is found on 15.1 testing
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art hi - are you familiar with the content here, it is the 15.1 information for installing and also upgrading: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/installing-and-upgrading
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art to see it fully you should make sure you are logged in and not just viewing the pages as a visitor
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: Which the database table that contain the timesheet hours with status = open
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: @Nick, thank you I will review it
    from Eric to Everyone: For Master-Child relationship, I was asked to show Allocations (Cumulative + each individual project). Is there an existing portlet that could help do that. ,
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Lynn I don't see a known issue about it. Let's open a Support case and test this out.
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: PRJ_BLB_SLICES contain the "Posted" timesheet right?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: prtimesheet.prstatus = 0 are for records that have timesheet with status Open, however, timesheets that have not even been created for the same timesheet period still show in the UI but not in the DB
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: PRJ_BLB_SLICES only contains time entries (time sheet rows) that you have chosen to slice, regardless of their status (posted or not)
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: along with other non-timesheet data
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: We would like to add UserValue1 and UserValue2 as a default to all timesheets. Where would I find this?
    from Lynn to Everyone: @Nika. ok. It seems to be somewhat common with Jaspersoft, but their recommendations didn't work when using in Clarity.. thanks!
    from Sarmistha Purkayastha (CA) to Everyone: @Art, here's also a link to the 15.1 Change Impact and Upgrade docs that might also help: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/release-information/change-impact-and-upgrade-on-premise
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art as the Timesheet object isn't available in Studio, all of its configuration (including default columns for users) happens under Administration > Project Management > Timesheet Options
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: @Sarmistha thank you
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Art here you can move user value 1 and 2 over from Available to Selected, and then at the bottom of the page choose to just Save for users who haven't made changes to the configuration, or Apply to All Resources in order to overwrite their settings with these new ones
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Eric I don't seem to see any existing portlet that would display this. It looks like you may have to build an NSQL query portlet to get this displayed in CA PPM.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: @Nick, thank you...that was driving me crazy trying to find it!
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: @Nick: "timesheets that have not even been created for the same timesheet period still show in the UI but not in the DB". Can I say this hours are "virtual" or I'm wrong?
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Be sure to join us for the CA PPM Community Webcast - Time & Resource Management (Cost Oversight) - February 16th 11:00AM ET - https://communities.ca.com/events/3364
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: For that clause, the hours will be '0' anyway since the timesheet hasn't been created for the period (yet). Whether you want to show this detail - as the Missing Timesheets reports needed to do - or if an empty timesheet is of no significance in this case, is up to you. In the UI they appear as 'Open' timesheets, but they will have 0 hours and don't really exist in the DB if you look for them. I didn't mean to confuse or suggest they would have hours in the UI present as well, sorry.
    from Eric to Everyone: @nika: thank you, would it be possible to find the NSQL query for the hierarchy - effort portlet so I don't start from scratch
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Eric - this information is unfortunately not available in the UI. I think it would be best to either SQL trace the portlet and get the query that runs behind, or raise the question on the Communities as there are most likely other users that have created similar portlets/queries. You can see how to do a SQL trace in the KB: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec573491.html
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Ready for more questions!
    from Lowell to Everyone: @Marcio - There is one caveat to the "visibility" of timesheets. If you have a process that turns off resources for time or changes their hire/term dates, the timesheets will not be visible in the UI. They need to be discovered via query.
    from Eric to Everyone: @nika: ok, thank you
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: @Nick. Tks, I undertood it. Another doubt: If I have enter hours and "save", but does not send to approve.. This hours exist in the DB?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: Yes they will exist, with prtimesheet.prstatus = 0
    from Eric to Everyone: We had an issue this week were process engine stopped, is there a possibility to get notified if something like this happen.? Is it trigger an alarm to OD team when this happen?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: if I recall, prtimesheet.prstatus values are: 0 = open, 1 = submitted, 2 = returned, 3 = approved, 4 = posted, 5 = adjusted
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Eric - we do have a lot of monitoring on the OD systems. If you were not notified it would be best to raise a Support case with SaaS so they can look into the issue and also see if that specific action is monitored too.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: is there an ability to provide someone access rights to
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: "see" timesheets before they are posted, but not approval rights?
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: @Nick: Yes, Perfect! Which table I have join with the timesheet table to get this information
    from Lowell to Everyone: @Eric - What version of Clarity are you on? We had a similar event happend in 14.3 with Oracle 12c. We still have a case open. But, some initial JVM parameter changes seem to have helped.
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: this would be non resource and project managers
    from Lowell to Everyone: @Eric We were also told to apply patch 9. But... that is still failing to apply.
    from Lowell to Everyone: Do you have a good location to get XSLT documentation for how to apply changes to read XOG XML outputs using GEL?
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Marcio: prtimesheet is the timesheet table, prtimeentry are the rows (prtimesheet.prid = prtimeentry.prtimesheetid), and prstatus is a column on the prtimesheet table itself - using these tables and joins will let you get the total timesheet row hours out of prtimeentry.practsum ( / 3600 to convert from seconds into hours) - if however you need daily values from the timesheet, then you need to create a time slice on Time Entries and then join prj_blb_slices.prj_object_id = prtimesheet.prid where prj_blb_slices.slice_request_id = <your new time slice>
    from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone: @Art - we only have Timesheet Edit and Timesheet Approve view. Try granting only Edit right and see if that works for you. We do have an enhancement open for adding a Timesheet - View right, which is currently under review. Make sure you vote on it:
    https://communities.ca.com/ideas/103018909

from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Lowell: You could start here with my blog post if you haven't seen it before: https://communities.ca.com/people/nick_darlington/blog/2015/05/11/modifying-xmlhtml-using-xslt-in-a-gel-script
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: @Nika - thank you, I just voted
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: @Nick: Fantastic! I appreciate your help.
    from Lowell to Everyone: @Nick Awesome, thanks!
    from Nick Darlington (CA) to Everyone: @Lowell: There are other community member posts that cover this as well with other examples (if I name-drop someone, then I'm sure I've seen posts from 'gcubed' on this too)
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Anymore questions?
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: I'm good for now...thank you all for the answers and document locations
    from Lynn to Everyone: same here.. thanks
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: @Chris: This webex is awesome for help us!!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: hi Janet!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: OK. If no more questions for today we'll let the east coast get back to their blizzard:) Thanks everyone for participating and see you back here in March!
    from Art Vendryes to Everyone: thank you
    from Eric to Everyone: @Lowel: 15.1 with cumulative patch 2 installed
    from Marcio Inhesta to Everyone: tks!
    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone: Thanks again everyone!