CA Service Management

• 1.  How to make a request unable to be resolved unless all tasks are completed?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:51 AM

I am creating a workflow task on a Request Category. 

How can I make the ticket unable to be resolved unless the final task has been completed?

Should it be based on a mandatory tasks? What are these tasks? 

Here's a sample tasks I made on a specific request category. Created a test ticket yet I was able to flip the request ticket into resolved without doing anything on the tasks.

Sequence                     Tasks                                 Group                                       Description

100                           Group Start Task         

200                           Implement                               BNK.LV1.Webhelp                     Maker/Checker - Checker Task

300                           Group End Task

Need your help on this as detailed as possible as I'm new on using CA SDM as Administrator.

• 2.  Re: How to make a request unable to be resolved unless all tasks are completed?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 10, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi,

Please have a look in the wiki for Status Transition and dependent Attribute Controls

Hope this help

/J

• 3.  Re: How to make a request unable to be resolved unless all tasks are completed?

Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:09 PM

Hi sha_pan,

Do you finally find out what your need to meet your requirements?

Always good to share back here so we continue trough the road or let others  benefit for your experience.

/J

• 4.  Re: How to make a request unable to be resolved unless all tasks are completed?

Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:19 PM

Yeah, thanks for this. This is really helpful.

So even if a ticket has been flipped to resolve without doing anything on the workflow tasks, SDM's default is you will not be able to close it. Turns out the assignee has to check the request again in order for it to be resolved.

• 5.  Re: How to make a request unable to be resolved unless all tasks are completed?

Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:23 PM

yes the idea behind is that your workflow need to drive the CO into the final closure.

in fact in practice there is no need to touch the CO status at all and status update to be driven by your workflow.

/J