DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

EEM Warning in MoM

• 1.  EEM Warning in MoM

Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:22 AM

Anyone has come across this issue?

2/10/17 11:11:15.231 AM EST [WARN] [btpool1-1] [Manager] Authentication failed for user zz.vahn.ca.admin: Error authenticating user zz.vahn.ca.admin in realm EEM: com.wily.introscope.spec.server.beans.usermgmt.UserMgmtException: EEM failed to attach to EEM server

We just stood up a new EEM in our Dev Env and imported the "APM.xml" from our Prod EEM to Dev EEM. The output of 'safex' was successful. I pointed the Dev MoM to Dev EEM and restart it. Then I get the above message in MoM's log and now I am not able to access APM via the browser (WebView).

I tried using Wkst and was NOT successful either.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

APM 10.1

EEM 12.51.5.24

• 2.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 11:33 AM

• 3.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:22 PM

Do I need to unregister from the prod EEM first and then register it with the Dev EEM?

• 4.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 05:11 PM

It would be worth trying the registering/deregistering EEM as you describe. The KB also talks about hostname/IP address/hostname/ports configuration as a possible issue

SergioMorales Lynn_Williams   any suggestions on this?

Thanks

Hal German

• 5.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:37 PM

Hal,

Per your first link, looks like my realms.xml is fine

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <realms xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="0.1" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="realms0.1.xsd">
    <realm descriptor="EEM Realm" id="EEM" active="true">
    <property name="username">
    <value>EiamAdmin</value>
    </property>
    <property name="host">
    <value>10.xx.xx.xx</value>
    </property>
    <property name="appname">
    <value>APM</value>
    </property>
    <property name="plainTextPasswords">
    <value>false</value>
    </property>
    <property name="enableAuthorization">
    <value>true</value>
    </property>
    <property name="password">
    <value>*********************</value>
    </property>
    </realm>
    </realms>

• 6.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2017 04:12 PM

Hi Manish,

Per the first KB Hal posted, have you tried restarting the MOM with plainTextPasswords set to true and the EiamAdmin password in plain text?

Thanks

Lynn

• 7.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Posted Feb 13, 2017 09:57 AM

Lynn_Williams

Yeah, already did that last week but as per my update below, I need to take care of the firewall rule and I think that will solve the issue.

Thanks
    Manish

• 8.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 09:23 AM

Dear Manish:

We have not heard anything back from you so marking as answered. However, we want to hear from you on what you found looking at hostname/IP address/hostname/ports configuration as a possible issue and  what happened after registering/deregistering  EEMs. We will continue to assist as needed . Although this may soon be done through a case.

• 9.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2017 09:55 AM

Sorry for not replying back sooner. I had completely forgotten that (internally) I need to submit a firewall request to our network guys to open up port (5250) comm between MoM and EEM via HTTPS

I have submitted the requested this morning and they will work on it tomorrow even as their standard change request.

I will update this post once I've checked everything on MoM side and EEM to ensure everything is working (as it should).

Thanks

Manish

• 10.  Re: EEM Warning in MoM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 10:10 AM

Thanks Manish. Please let us know either way after the firewall rule is deployed