CA Service Management

• 1.  Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:52 PM

We want to block the ability for analysts to be able to select a specific group when creating or transferring requests only. The analysts should still be able to see tickets assigned to that group though and our objective is to prevent accidental assignment of Requests to that group.

I have already tried the following DP constraints but to no luck yet. Please let me know of how I can accomplish this requirement.

table: ca_contact

type: view

constraint: group != U'xxxx'

table: call_req

type: create

constraint: group != U'***'

type: update

constrain: group != U'***'

type: view

constraint: group != U'***'

• 2.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 03:19 PM

Vishnu, you can use

type: create

constraint: group.last_name<>'the-name-of-the-group'

you would also need to do the same for "update" type if you don't want the transfer to this group happens

Thanks

Chi

• 3.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:02 PM

Chi,

I have already tried this along with few other DP constraints that I didn't posted, as the list becomes too big here . The end result is still the same, as the constraint gets applied to all ticket types (I/R/P) though I have restricted for requests only. Please let me know of what I'm missing here.

type: create / update

constraint: type='R' AND group.last_name <> 'groupname'

-Vishnu

• 4.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:09 PM

Vishnu, do you mean after this the users with this role/DP are still able to create call requests and select groupname for this group?

if so I would say open a Support case. I just tried here and it worked for me. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 10, 2017 04:20 PM

Chi,

The constraint works partially as the SDM system applies this constraint to all ticket types though I have restricted for just requests only. Does this makes sense?

-Vishnu

• 6.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 11, 2017 10:25 PM

This is probably a data partition limitation. I was able to accomplish by adding ADDITIONAL_WHERE clause to the extralURL property for the group field.

• 7.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 09:54 AM

Vishnu, I think use ADDITIONAL_WHERE with form group should be the right way to go if you want that for crs only. The only disadvantage is

the maintenance like patch install/product upgrade but I think this is the best option considering the limitation of the DP and implementation simplicity. Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 13, 2017 03:08 AM

Hi Vishnu,

i. By default the group list search always returns active records when you transfer when you generally search for the group. Perhaps you just make this specific group inactive?

ii. When and\or is this group specifically used on Request tickets, seeing that you mention Analysts should still be able to see tickets assigned to this group?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 9.  Re: Block the ability to be able to select a group when creating or transferring requests only

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:39 AM

Hi Brian,

We need this group to be set active, as it is being used on other ticket types except for requests.

-Vishnu