AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

• 1.  CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 01:35 PM

CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

• 2.  Re: CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 01:45 PM

You can only change the status of a job’s current run, not prior runs.

Most likely the job was running and was either killed manually or the server was rebooted. Someone could have force started it after that. If you’re not sure the process was killed or the server was rebooted then you can look on the target server for parallel processes. That could only happen if someone changed that status for a running job manually which is not recommended.

• 3.  Re: CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 01:54 PM

Yep,  job was force started while it was still running.  I suspected there was not way to change status of previous run, but thought I would throw it out there.  Thanks for the quick reply.

• 4.  Re: CA Workload Automation AE I have a box job that is currently SUCCESS status, but I see in Job Runs section in WCC that some previous runs are still running status.  Other than delete/insert, is there a was to change the status of previous runs?

Posted Feb 11, 2017 08:05 PM

There is a way to prevent a job from being force started when it's already running though.

RESTRICT_FORCE_STARTJOB=1
    Restricts a user from running multiple instances of a job while the job is in the STARTING, RUNNING, WAIT_REPLY, or SUSPENDED state.

Restricting the Runtime Behavior of Jobs - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documen…