Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

IDM Siteminder Integration fails with 403 forbidden error

• 1.  IDM Siteminder Integration fails with 403 forbidden error

Posted Feb 11, 2017 01:21 PM

Hi All,

I have a pecuiliar problem with SM and IDM integration i have 12.6.4 IDM and 12.52sp1 policy server. We have integrated IDM and SM where in Env woud create all realms and policies agents. We have many environments where IDM and SM integration works fine. We have one environment in which its failing with 403 forbidden.

When we access  localhost:7080/iam/im/fiam-imc/ i get a login prompt and after i enter credentials it takes me to 403 forbidden page. Do we know why it behaves like this.

Thanks

Amith

• 2.  Re: IDM Siteminder Integration fails with 403 forbidden error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 02:53 PM

Amit,

I would suggest to validate the below configs and give it a try, also go ahead and open a support ticket with http traces and necessary logs, if below suggestions did not help.

1. For Authentication of the users - are you using any other User directory other then the one created by IDM ? This possibly could occur, if you try to access the IDM url with an existing SiteMinder session.

2. Verify the "users" tab under policy(which was auto-created by IDM) and make sure right set of users has been added.

3.  Try accessing the IDM base url with protected alias from Management Console instead of using localhost.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ashok