DX NetOps

• 1.  Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Feb 13, 2017 05:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a Spectrum 10.2 oneclick server with a CABI 6.3 installation on the same VM.

When I have SSO disabled for the CABI integration, I can connect view the JasperSoft link on the OC administration page.

However, what I would like to do is use the credentials of whoever has accessed the Oneclick administration page.

With SSO enabled for Jasper integration, I get the following error within jasperserver.log :

"ERROR TokenServer, .... Error in processing token"

"ERROR CABIUtil, http-nio-888-exec-2:69 ... Please pass valid key store details"

1) If I want to use the credentials of the person logged into OC administration, must I do this with SSO? If so, is Active Directory/LDAP integration necessary if I assume all users who can authenticate to OC Admin have the same role?

2) Any ideas what the issue may be with SSO? The OC server is within the windows domain and it co-resident with CABI.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Doron,

Please see the Spectrum documentation

Enable Single Sign-on(SSO) using Token based Authentication in JasperSoft - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documen… 

Enable Single Sign-on(SSO) using Token based Authentication in JasperSoft

Last update June 21, 2016

Token-based authentication is a single sign-on solution from JasperReports Server that establishes session between the Spectrum Report Manager and Jasper console. This solution allows you to open Jasper console session from a OneClick web console without being promoted for login credentials.

When you enable the SSO with JasperServer, a java keystore file is created. Using the java keystore file, Jasper generates a login token for login.

Follow these steps to achieve the SSO with token based authentication in CA Spectrum-Jasper integration:

1. Navigate to OneClick, Administration tab, Report Manager, then select the Jasper Integration in the left panel.
    2. Select the 'Enable SSO' check box, click Save.
      You can access the Jasper Console without providing any credentials. To verify, click the Jasper Console link on the OneClick tool bar. You are automatically logged in to the Jasper Console.

Note: Currently, the CA Spectrum and Jasper Integration does not support enabling both SSO and LDAP together. Only either SSO or LDAP can be enabled.

• 3.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Feb 13, 2017 07:34 AM

Hi Dencel,

Those are the steps I took to enable SSO. The errors in my post are after trying to connect via the OC admin page, once SSO integration was configured.

Since the documentation states that LDAP isn't supported with SSO, that means I need to first get SSO working, and then somehow map roles to those users. 

Any ideas why SSO didn't work? Any idea how to map roles according to SSO, or even create a default role for SSO?

• 4.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Sep 26, 2017 10:03 AM

Why is this assumed answered after 7 months of inactivity? I've experienced the same issue twice in different environments since then.

• 5.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Oct 12, 2017 02:50 PM

This has not been solved.  Enabling SSO still prompts for credentials on Jasper Console.

• 6.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:14 PM

This problem persists into version 10.2.3 (Spectrum on Windows).  SSO causes error in Tomcat log file during WAR deployment of SpectrumProxy.

CABI continues to prompt for login... WAR file for Spectrum reports never deploys.

• 7.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Dec 13, 2017 05:20 PM

If you have Spectrum 10.2.1 and Jasper 6.3, you will need PTF 10.2.117 to get it to work.

Required PTF to integrate Spectrum 10.2.1 to CABI JasperReports Server for Unified Dashboard 

If you run it on Linux, make sure you have "" for the directory names with spaces while running any commands

Hope this help

• 8.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Dec 21, 2017 03:43 AM

Thanks, but I have Spectrum 10.2.0. Any chance there is a fix for that release?

• 9.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Dec 21, 2017 02:37 PM

There will be no fix on 10.2.

You will have to upgrade to 10.2.1.

Thanks!

Matt

• 10.  Re: Questions regarding SSO when Integrating Jaspersoft with Spectrum

Posted Aug 14, 2018 12:16 PM

Problem with WAR deploying on CABI Jaspersoft server using Spectrum 10.2.3.0.107  (Windows Server 2012 R2).