CA Service Management

• 1.  POST_CI Trigger

Posted Feb 13, 2017 06:42 AM

Hi Community,

I would like trigger a spl function on creation of every new 'cr' object and on change/update of priority field.

Currently , I'm using the 'POST_VALIDATE' trigger but i would like trigger the function after the ticket got check-in/saved.

I believe the best option is POST_CI trigger,

can some one help on constructing the POST_CI trigger on cr object .spl function has to call on new ticket and on update of priority value.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkat

• 2.  Re: POST_CI Trigger

Posted Feb 13, 2017 10:58 AM

it will depend what you want to do in your spl code when your trigger it.

You will need to pass all values required in your code as parameters of your trigger

Something like:

POST_CI  zmyTrigger (persistent_id, priority)1001 FILTER (EVENT("INSERT") || priority{});

/J

• 3.  Re: POST_CI Trigger

Posted Feb 14, 2017 07:06 AM

I am trying to retrieve the attached sla events fire time so that support groups can easily identify the targeted resolution time of particular incident/Request ticket.

Thank you,

Regards

Venkat

• 4.  Re: POST_CI Trigger

Posted Feb 14, 2017 07:41 AM

Not sure I follow you and why you would like to do it using spell vs. defining Service Target.

Service target  will give your the target time prior violation and the time left.

/J

• 5.  Re: POST_CI Trigger

Posted Feb 14, 2017 08:00 AM

Yeah, I Just had a glance at the Service targets.

I have a question will the Target duration time get updated or delayed depends on the status of the ticket?

example: if a ticket is in Awaiting end user response, ideally the service types expiration time (fire time) should get delayed. I believe the same behaviour applies to the Service Targets as well.

Regards,

Venkat

• 6.  Re: POST_CI Trigger
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2017 08:09 AM

yes, the target will stop the same way based on the "Stop Service Type Events and Targets? "  flag on your status.

The target is(re)evaluated each time the ticket is updated and this make the difference vs. attached events that are evaluated based on the defined clock (delay time)

Note the work-shift apply too if you did set one

/J