IT Process Automation

• 1.  Best Practice of process automation

Posted Feb 13, 2017 08:34 AM

Hi Community,

Often In our environment the number of process instances running at any point is in more than 400 . Sometimes, we are spending a lot of time to find out the failed or correct instance for debug. 

I would like to know your suggestions on how can i maintain the running process instances effectively. what are the best practices around?

• 2.  Re: Best Practice of process automation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 09:39 AM

Can we get a better understanding of what you are looking for?

You are running 400 processes and are looking to sort them or review them somehow but I am not sure what you need.

• 3.  Re: Best Practice of process automation

Posted Feb 14, 2017 07:03 AM

Hi Michael,

Firstly, The PAM is integrated with CA Service Catalog, CA Service Desk besides of these there are third party tools are communicating with PAM, I would like to differentiate or group the workflows based on the application it is communicating to.

Secondly, I would like to archive the successfully completed the process. so, it would be easy to find out the failed process to work on.

any suggestions pls.

Thank you,

Regards,

Venkat

• 4.  Re: Best Practice of process automation
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:32 AM

Hi Venkat,

You don't mention if you are trying to do this programmatically or in the GUI. 

In the GUI you can always filter your view and only show the Blocked/Failed/Aborted process in your Operations view, as well you can add filters to specify keywords of the instance, and start-end job time frames.

That usually makes it easier to find just the jobs we are having issues with.

You could also play with your configuration to have it archive processes faster, however I often have to check even seemingly successful processes sometimes, so I wouldn't just automatically archive all successful processes immediately.

Hope this helps!

Ian