Clarity

• 1.  Reports Icon in Jaspersoft Home Screen

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:53 AM

What's the magic that makes a workspace icon like the Reports icon below appear in the Jaspersoft Home screen?

Our goal is to roll out Advanced Reporting with only the PMO Accelerator reports available to users.

Thanks to Dale_Stockman process in this thread I have an quick & easy process for granting the ROLE_USER Execute Permissions on all reports. 

My Test User can successfully execute reports and they appear to be adhering properly to the user's PPM permissions - this is all good. The User Experience of their Home Screen is a little lonely. No Icons are showing.

How does the Reports icon pop in, preferably with the View List feature only?

• 2.  Re: Reports Icon in Jaspersoft Home Screen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 12:00 PM

Hi Robert,

Try giving an user "ROLE_ADHOC_DESIGNER"  & ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER or through PPM add Advanced Reporting - Report Create  & Advanced Reporting - Ad Hoc Create and you should be able to get below two icons

Also this will give user rights to create adhoc views and adhoc reports.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Suman Pramnaik 

• 3.  Re: Reports Icon in Jaspersoft Home Screen
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2017 02:57 PM

Thanks Suman. Since our goal is no Ad-Hoc, here is what we've come up with. HTH the next forum traveler with this requirement. If anyone has a better solution, please chime in.

Advanced Reporting - Report Create as you've recommended in PPM.

ROLE_REPORT_DESIGNER as you've recommended in Jaspersoft. For some reason we have to add the CSK_ROLE_ALL_REPORTS_DOMAINS to get all the reports to show for the user.

This gives us a user with a close enough user experience. I can train people to click on Advanced Reporting then click on View list.

Thanks!