IT Process Automation

• 1.  How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:09 AM

I have created a PAM process that I'd like to run once a week, on a particular day, at a particular time.  (e.g. run this Procedure every Monday at 1:00pm.)

I've looked at the documentation for the Check Date-Time Operators, but I'm not sure how to program them to achieve this functionality.

I've also looked in Communities for an existing solution, but wasn't able to find one.

Is something like this possible in PAM?

Thx,

-Fred

• 2.  Re: How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:17 AM

This can be accomplished using the Calendar and Schedule objects to define when a specific Job should be run.

Please see the documentation on Schedule Objects and Calendar Objects for more details.

• 3.  Re: How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:18 AM

PAM have a built-in scheduler for that.

You need to create a Calendar, and configure it for the days you want.

After you create a Schedule, add the calendar to it as the Inclusion calender then link your process.

Just let me know if you need help to create the whole thing.

Pier

• 4.  Re: How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:22 AM

Fred,

Scheduling is available at the process level only, rather than at the operator level as far as I have been able to discern. Although the heading in the documentation is "Schedule Process and Operator Tasks", it is limited to the running of the process at a scheduled date and time.   

• 5.  Re: How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 02:41 PM

Worked with Fred.  This was caused by a space in the name of one of his subfolders in the library to his process.  If you point your schedule to a process from /library/test/Alarm Query the schedule fails.  If you you create the same schedule with /library/test/AlarmQuery (no space) the schedule works.  I have recreated this issue in my lab as well and will write this up for Process Auto level 2.

Until a fix is created, do not put spaces in the names of your processes or folders if being used in a schedule.

• 6.  Re: How to use the PAM Date-Time operators like a CRON job?

Posted Feb 15, 2017 03:40 PM

Not sure if i understood what you wrote but my Schedule works even if there is a space in the path(Calendar or process).