DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Citrix monitoring

Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:22 AM

Can anyone advise if Citrix monitoring can be handled by Nimsoft UIM ?
    If it can, what are the best combination of probes to use ?

• 2.  Re: Citrix monitoring

Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:59 AM

Hi Pbrinkman,

We are doing monitoring of Citrix servers. Could you please tell us your requirements.

Thanks,

Imran

• 3.  Re: Citrix monitoring

Posted Feb 14, 2017 07:12 AM

hi Imran,

Thanks for the reply, 

I would like to have an informative overview about the status of my Citrix environment. In addition to the basic parameters like CPU, memory, etc., I want to gather other even more useful Citrix related statistics.

But first I need to know what to monitor regarding Citrix. Are there recommended counters, metrics, event IDs, services, ports that are essential to be monitored? Second, how can I achieve monitoring these Citrix parameters of XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, licensing services, Netscaler,

thanks
    Paul

• 4.  Re: Citrix monitoring

Posted Feb 14, 2017 08:46 AM

Please gather your monitoring requirement first of all. Check with your citrix team.

You can also check the release documents of the probe and matrics also for reference.

• 5.  Re: Citrix monitoring
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2017 09:23 AM

Hi Paul,

Here is a Knowledge base Article with a collection of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) I pulled together in the past during a field services implementation - hope it helps. It contains suggested KPI's for (Exchange, VMware, Citrix, Lotus Notes, and SAN). You can always search for Knowledge base articles via search.ca.com or a google search, e.g., UIM KPIs citrix.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000003318.html

Best Regards,

Steve

• 6.  RE: Re: Citrix monitoring

Posted Jul 03, 2019 08:42 AM
    The link to this document no longer works, can someone re post it if they still have it?

------------------------------
    IT Administrator

• 7.  RE: Re: Citrix monitoring

Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:00 AM
      |   view attached
    Here is the doc.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

Attachment(s)

pdf
    KPIs.pdf   66 KB 1 version

• 8.  Re: Citrix monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi Paul,

Have you seen the xendesktop or xenapp probes? Check out those links to see what each is capable of.

Be sure to read through the release notes - there are some application specific requirements.

Hope that helps!

• 9.  Re: Citrix monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi pbrinkman, were you able to check out the xendesktop and/or xenapp probes?

Do those provide the type of monitoring that you're looking for?