IT Process Automation

• 1.  IRF

Posted Feb 14, 2017 02:04 PM

We have a PAM process attached to a SDM Change Category. We are pulling in details from the Change Order and saving them as Process Variables and using the Process Variables throughout the Process.

Part of the Process is to send an IRF (Interaction Request Form) to the Requester of the Change Order, this all works as designed.

My question is how can I populate a Process variable to a field on the IRF (in this case Affected End User to the name field in the IRF)?

I have tried adding the following lines to the Form Data Initialization Code in the User Tasks section for the Assign User Task operator:

Form.txtEmpName=Process.affected_contact_combo_name;

When the form is displayed to the user the name field the 'Name' field is still blank.

Thank You,

Joe Nastasi

• 2.  Re: IRF
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2017 05:04 PM
      |   view attached

As I mentioned in the support case I believe you are just missing the Operator in your variable.

I think you should be using something like:

'Process.get_ServiceDesk_contact.affected_contact_combo_name'

where "get_ServiceDesk_contact" is the operator where you are gathering the contact info.

I attached an example process and form which I created.   The process gathers the Orchestrator's (or any specified touchpoint) hostname, then passes that into the form to be displayed in a text field.

Hopefully this will help you move your process forward.

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: IRF

Posted Feb 15, 2017 09:42 AM

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This did work as long as the field to be updated looks like this:

Form.Var_0=Process.Apply_Xpath_1.affected_contact_combo_name;

Once I change it to this (which is where the field resides it stops working):

Form.fldSecTerm.fldSecEmp.Var_0=Process.Apply_Xpath_1.affected_contact_combo_name;

Thanks,

Joe

• 4.  Re: IRF

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 09:55 AM

Everything within a form is self contained so references are typically just 'Form.field_id'

In the future you can always verify how you should reference a field in a form using the '_id' value in the form designer:

• 5.  Re: IRF

Posted Feb 15, 2017 10:21 AM

That is where I got that from.

At the top you can see I created a test field labeled 'Text Field' where the _id = Form.Var_0 and this works. Once I change it to populate 'Employee Name' where the id_= Form.fldSecTerm.fldEmpInfo.txtEmpName it no longer populates the field.

I have also tried using Form.txtEmpName which does not work.

It seems to not like fields stored in field sets (I am sure I am missing something)

Thanks,

Joe

• 6.  Re: IRF

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 10:28 AM

That seems wrong, I would assume that the reference should populate the field correctly.   I will try to complicate my test process and see if I can duplicate this - if you can create a more generic process / form that doesn't require Service Desk to gather data that duplicates this problem I can look further into it.

• 7.  Re: IRF

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 05:53 PM

Further testing of this finds that as long as the form value is at the top level we can assign a value using the "Form data initialization code" but if it is nested then it will fail.

"Form.Var_0"  works fine, but

"Form.Var_0.Var_1" fails.

The engineering team is going to investigate, if anyone else encounters this problem please contact support.