Service Virtualization

• 1.  Get MQ Messages based on Custom header value

Posted Feb 14, 2017 06:14 PM

Hi All,

We have to get the messages from the Queue, but before getting any message, I need to apply filter to the Custom headers and pick the one relevant to my message.

We tried using IBM WebSphere MQ, in which I selected mode as JMS and used selector query, but the message received was not in the text format.

If i use mode as Native, I am able to get message in Text format, but cannot apply filters. Same problem with IBM MQ Native Send Receive step.

Could you please suggest best way to retrieve message from Queue based on the custom header value.

• 2.  Re: Get MQ Messages based on Custom header value

Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:41 AM

Hi,

what exactly do you mean by "custom headers"?  We believe they only exist with RFH2, which usually means JMS mode. 

What exactly do you mean by "not in the text format"?  What format was it that you got with JMS mode?

Have you tried the JMS Send Receive step with an IBM MQ connection factory?

Jan

• 3.  Re: Get MQ Messages based on Custom header value

Posted Feb 15, 2017 05:53 PM

Hi,

I tried JMS send receive step as well, but getting response from Queue as [B@7aa845b5

Also, by custom filters, I mean RFH headers, I want to use selector query for extracting my messages, so that I do not end uo consuming all messages from queue.

Thanks,

• 4.  Re: Get MQ Messages based on Custom header value
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2017 03:13 AM

Hi,

I think we would need to investigate it further we are not sure whether this will work or not. 

It will probably need a ticket.  We would need exact DevTest and MQ versions, and maybe an ITR state if you can give us one.

Jan