Clarity

• 1.  Rate Matrix

Posted Feb 15, 2017 12:06 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to add custom attribute from team object to rate matrix column? If yes, can anyone please giude me through the steps?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Monica

• 2.  Re: Rate Matrix

Posted Feb 15, 2017 02:27 AM

I don't think that is possible.

But I am curious as to why that is needed.. Any specific reason why?

• 3.  Re: Rate Matrix

Posted Feb 15, 2017 04:24 AM

I've a custom attribute which the user wants it to be added to rate matrix indicator as they want todifferentiate resource with this field. It's more like customization. Is there any other way out to achieve it?

• 4.  Re: Rate Matrix

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 08:20 AM

Hi Monika,

I am trying to understand why you need to associate rate matrix to custom attribute when we have financial module entirely built in. 

Set Up a Financial Cost and Rate Matrix - CA PPM SaaS - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Rate Matrix

Posted Feb 20, 2017 12:51 AM

We have a custom attribute internally with CA PPM and this was like categorising the role with another attribute Level, which would alter the rate matrix for a role with different level. So I want to generate rate matrix with this custom attribute. Is there another way out to incroporate this column into the rate matrix?

For example, Resource X and Y are of same role A, but with different levels. Role A  with level 1 (resource X) have $30 and same role A with level 2 (resource Y) have $40. In this, I need to populate rate matrix based on level too. I need to include this into the rate matrix. It's just to maintain the internal performance and differentiate the resource accordingly.

Monica