DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Posted Feb 15, 2017 04:12 AM

Hi,

I want to check and keep an eye on uptime QOS data for all SQLSERVERS which are getting monitored through sqlserver probe in our environment, so for that is there any database QUERY which I can run and get the report to see how many database probe are currently sending QOS data to Nimsoft/UIM databsae.
    Through this we can identify that how many servers/probes are not responding and we can fix those.

Thanks.. Rachit

• 2.  Re: Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 09:55 AM

the current probe has a check point

QOS_SQLSERVER_server_startupDays

Number of days the database server is up and running.

or you could write a custom check point.

Below is a link to some possible solutions:

How To Check SQL SERVER Uptime Through T-SQL 

• 3.  Re: Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 11:14 AM

For a UIM based solution, your query will probably look something like this if you're monitoring the QOS_SQLSERVER_server_startup:

SELECT sqd.source, sqs.samplevalue
    FROM S_QOS_SNAPSHOT sqs
    INNER JOIN S_QOS_DATA sqd ON sqs.table_id = sqd.table_id
    WHERE probe = 'sqlserver' AND
    qos = 'QOS_SQLSERVER_server_startup';

• 4.  Re: Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Posted Feb 16, 2017 11:27 AM

Thanks David!!!

I was looking for the database query like this. I will run this query and let you know if it works as expected.

• 5.  Re: Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Posted Oct 25, 2017 05:31 PM

Hi David, I reused your query to obtain the cpu usage per host: Something like this:

SELECT sqd.source, sqs.samplevalue
    FROM S_QOS_SNAPSHOT sqs
    INNER JOIN S_QOS_DATA sqd ON sqs.table_id = sqd.table_id
    WHERE probe = 'cdm' AND
    qos = 'QOS_CPU_USAGE'

Do you know how can add a new column to show what process is using more cpu ?

Thank you in advanced

• 6.  Re: Nimsoft/UIM database Query to Fetch SQLserver Uptime QOS data for current date

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 09:38 AM

Juan,

I don't believe we have a probe that is capturing that information anywhere to be able to make that correlation.