This document can also be viewed at: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1139049.html
(Please note that these steps also apply for GT Subset connectivity to MSSQL DB using Windows authentication. The main difference is that the sqljdbc_auth.dll file referenced in this article needs to be copied to the directory where GTSubset.exe resides, by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker")
We come across situations where we need to mask data that resides in a MS SQL Server (MSSQL) Database that has been configured only for Windows Authentication, but not for SQL Server Authentication. This article describes the steps to be performed in Fast Data Masker that would enable you to connect to and mask data that resides in a MS SQL Server DB (MSSQL DB), that allows only Windows (Integrated) authentication.
How can I connect to a MS SQL Server (MSSQL) database from Fast Data Masker (FDM), when the MSSQL DB only allows connections using Windows authentication?
TDM 3.2.2 and above
Masking Target DB: MS SQL Server with Windows authentication (all supported versions)
- Browse to the "SQLSERVER_DLLs" folder under the "FastDataMasker" installation folder (by default, C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker).
- Copy the file named "sqljdbc_auth.dll" from under the "x64" subfolder. This is the 64-bit version of the DLL and is the one you will need assuming your system runs on a 64-bit processor.
- Paste the sqljdbc_auth.dll file to the "FastDataMasker" folder (by default, C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker).
- Re-launch the FDM UI and on the connection screen and enter the MSSQL Server DB connection details.
- Make sure the username and password fields are left blank.
- Save the profile and click the "Connect" button".
After copying over the sqljdbc_auth.dll file, if you get error messages like "This driver is not configured for windows authentication”, it is most likely that the incorrect version of sqljdbc_auth.dll has been copied. Repeat the process with a different version of the DLL. Here is a knowledge document that you can review to help resolve this error: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1369915.aspx
If you are still facing issues, please open a support ticket.