DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  CA UIM - Configuration

Posted Feb 15, 2017 01:52 PM

Hi Team, 

I am writing this time to request support with some configuration information for UIM. I am currently doing some labs, to test various functionalities of the tools, and have the following questions:

1. When I deploy the robots on Windows / Unix OS, I get a state Unmanaged (the blue X). I was reading that this could be changed from the UMP but I can not how to do it.

2. When I want to do network monitoring, and I do it for SNMP. It is not clear to me how to relate MIBs. And if you only have to work with the probe SNMP collector, or you also consider the probes: Interface_traffic, snmpget, snmptd.

3. When there are large amounts of network equipment, there is a way to generate a template to do the Discovery of all.

4. There is a way to delete records of devices that have been mistakenly registered in the UMP.

5. To enable the HTTPs in the UMP portal, as this procedure must be performed:  Https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-1/en/managing/manage-security-settings/implement-https-in-ump,  But the move to Generate a Public and Private Key Pair, is not very well understood.

Thanks,

Richard

• 2.  Re: CA UIM - Configuration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2017 04:20 PM

Hi Richard I will do my best to answer your question but there are a lot of them.

Usually it is better to post a single question per thread so that something is not missed. A question with multiple parts can be very confusing for everyone

To question 1 that looks like it might be from the topology and relationship viewer is this correct?

What version of UIM and UMP are you running.

The point in USM to change managed or not was removed.

This is a simple field in the cm_computer_system table that can be updated manually.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000004713.html 

To question 2 you can use other probes to collect snmp information. This really depends on your needs.

Many clients still use snmpget and snmptd. most have replaced interface_traffic with snmpc.

I would suggest reviewing this:

SNMP Device Self-Certification - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

to question 3 there is no template for discovering devices. But you can use wild cards  and scopes.

Run Discovery in USM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

to question 4 please see doing a discovery reset by cs_key KB article below:

to question 5:

You need to provide more details on what problems you are having

the commands are pretty strait forward I think.

Basically you are using the java keytool to create an java keystore and then create an SSL cert request that you

send off to your CA to they can create the cert and then it can be imported.

Some basic information on SSL is below:

SSL 101 for Dummies: Everything You Need to Know 

You might always want to review this with your company webmaster or Web server admins they should be able to help fill in any blanks for you.

• 3.  Re: CA UIM - Configuration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 02:48 AM

Hello.

Follow up 1, 2 and 4.

1. Here is URL which describes how to change device state to Managed.

Topology and Root Cause Analysis - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2. snmptd is only one probe where you need to get MIB from Vendor. For other probes (including SNMPcollector), you don't need MIB. (SNMPcollector Self Cert is an exception.)

4. Here is URL which describes how to remove a device (or all devices) from your environment.

Remove Master Devices - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-5/en/installing-ca-uim/discover-systems-to-monitor/advanced-configuration/remove-master-devices

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 4.  Re: CA UIM - Configuration

Posted Feb 16, 2017 02:34 PM

Hi Yu,

Thank you very much for the answers, I was very useful.

Regards,

Richard

• 5.  Re: CA UIM - Configuration

Posted Feb 16, 2017 02:34 PM

Hi Gene,

Thank you very much for the answers, I was very useful.

Regards,

Richard