Release Automation

• 1.  I need advise on a new 6.4 feature

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 04:37 AM

On RA 6.4 we adding a new feature "Improve Debugging Capabilities" which will allow the users to collect the information on the running deployment's step or process. New agent logging functionality writes the step/process information, (such Action and flows inputs, outputs, parameters, iterations, etc), and a user can collect the logs from the ROC UI per deployment/process, even once run completed or canceled.

This logging functionality consumes disk space from the agent,  and in order to limit the disk consumption, there will be a retention policy for the files. 

My question to the team: How many MB of data can we consume before purging the oldest files? 

For example, we can decide that once the agent reaches to 100MB of logging, it will delete the old files. 

Of course, we will allow the users to configure the values per agent, but I want to come with the best default value OOB. 

Any input will be appreciated. 

• 2.  Re: I need advise on a new 6.4 feature

Posted Feb 16, 2017 01:27 PM

I checked on a couple of my production agents.  Current logs folders tend to run around 150MB in our environment as is.  If you are asking for additional space to accommodate the feature then the default 100MB that you specified seems reasonable to me considering the added functionality we would get to troubleshoot processes. 

• 3.  Re: I need advise on a new 6.4 feature

Posted Feb 17, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi Assaf,

as mentioned in our meeting, we're fine with 100mb as well. for us it could even go up to 500mb .

really looking forward for this feature to go live.

best regards

Michael