Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to test integration of Layer 7 with CA Single Sign-On

Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:57 AM

I followed steps provided in Manage CA Single Sign-On Configurations - CA API Gateway - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation . I added policies for Basic User Authentication using CA Single Sign- On Assertions but I don't know how to test it. I tried hitting the API with these assertions in browser but I am getting "Assertion Falsified" error. Can anyone please tell me how can I test this?

• 2.  Re: How to test integration of Layer 7 with CA Single Sign-On

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 05:48 PM

First of all, there is a Test button on single sign-on configuration window, it can test the connection to the single sign-on server.

• 3.  Re: How to test integration of Layer 7 with CA Single Sign-On

Posted Feb 16, 2017 11:22 PM

I have tested configuration and it is passed. So I added assertions in my API so that user who is accessing API gets authenticated by Siteminder then only he can access it. But now, I don't know how to test this API. When I am trying to hit the Gateway URL of API in browser, it is giving error "Assertion Falsified". Do I need to test it in some other way?

• 4.  Re: How to test integration of Layer 7 with CA Single Sign-On

Posted Feb 16, 2017 11:47 PM

You could create a policy that takes in username and password via post and then validate against the CA SSO assertions with a simple Return Template response after the assertion to determine if its able to authenticate successfully.

• 5.  Re: How to test integration of Layer 7 with CA Single Sign-On
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2017 05:49 PM

Hello Ruchita.mantri ,

Usually you need to fetch the credential (Require *** assertion) before you can Authenticate against yyy.

The documents below have same examples,

Authorize via CA Single Sign-On Assertion - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Working with CA Single Sign-On - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Regards,

Mark