DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Management Module Load Error

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced the below? It seemed like there could be a duplicate out there, however checked the workstation and the modules directory and did not find one. The management module did load and can currently be accessed through the workstation and webview.

Is there anywhere else I should be checking for a duplicate? Does this suggest something other than a possible duplicate?

2017-02-15 21:30:58,030 [ERROR] [main] [Manager.Bootstrap] Could not create Management Module because the name "test_tek" is already in use.

2017-02-15 21:31:08,097 [INFO] [main] [Manager.ManagementModule] Loading Management Module "test_tek"

Thank you,

Sam

• 2.  Re: Management Module Load Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:41 AM

Found these past community posts on this topic. Please let us know if they help:

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/119679247

https://communities.ca.com/thread/100026938

To my knowledge it is not possible to overwrite an existing management modules with the same name for a Hot deployment. You must first delete the management module thru the Workstation Management Module Editor and then perform the hot deployment.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Management Module Load Error

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi Hal,

Thanks for the articles I will take a look at them. I should have clarified this error appeared after recycling the cluster. I did not hot deploy the management module. This management module was already in the workstation before the recycle occurred. Once the MOM was brought back up and the management modules started loading the error appeared. Our Introscope version is 10.3

Thanks,

Sam

• 4.  Re: Management Module Load Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 07:27 AM

Hi Sam:

Have not heard back so marking as answered. You may post further as needed. Trying deleting the management module and see if it still loads and the error disappears. If so, there is a second management module there

• 5.  Re: Management Module Load Error

Posted Feb 17, 2017 08:31 AM

Hi Hal,

When you say try deleting the management module and see if it still loads. Do you mean delete the management module and perform a recycle of the MOM? As I described in my response to your first message, the error appeared after recycling the MOM and collectors. I was not doing a hot deploy of an already existing management module in the workstation.

Or do you mean remove it from the workstation and see if I can do a hot deploy to avoid having to recycle the MOM? If the hot deploy does not work what would you suggest to do then? As I was unable to find a duplicate of the jar file in the modules directory.

Thanks,

Sam

• 6.  Re: Management Module Load Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:32 PM

Dear Sam:

Either option should show once the management module is deleted does the error go away or does the phantom" version still load. Failing that, please open a case for further assistance

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: Management Module Load Error

Posted Feb 17, 2017 01:50 PM

Thank you Hal for the clarification!