Clarity

• 1.  Will it cause any issue when Idea ID is too similar to the project ID?

Posted Feb 17, 2017 11:32 AM

In the process, when the user convert an idea to a project, the idea status will automatically changed from Approved to Converted.

We had this incident that, the idea (IDE0259) got converted to a project (PRJ0259) but the idea status remain the same as "Approved". 

I have tried several times to reproduce the issue but have no luck. The only thing looks suspect is the IDs. Does anyone know if it's a known issue in this scenario? 

Note: I converted the same idea to a project again, and now the idea status changed to Converted (as expected).

We are using 14.2 patch 5.

• 2.  Re: Will it cause any issue when Idea ID is too similar to the project ID?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 11:58 AM

Hi I-hsin,

The similarity of the IDs should not be a problem, they seem to be a different IDs and that's all that matters. It looks like there is something else that could be causing your issue in my opinion. If this happens again, please raise an issue with CA Support and we will assist to figure out what's going on.

Thank you -Nika

• 3.  Re: Will it cause any issue when Idea ID is too similar to the project ID?

Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:54 AM

Hi I-hsinWang81981782

I also agree with Nika, Having similar IDs should not create this kind of problem. Because the database only works through a different unique identifier which is know as Internal_ID. This is the 5 million number that you will see in the URL when you open a Project or an Idea or any other such instances of an Object. These Internal_IDs are always different for Idea and Projects as they all belong in the same class, which is Investment. If possible please keep an eye  to see if the scenario can be replicated by converting an Idea to a Project and keeping the project ID similar to the originating Idea. If yes, then definitely get back to CA Support and let them know what you identified. As of now, we do not have anything documented like this, as much as I am concerned. Hope that helps 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar