CA Client Automation

• 1.  Log check Remote control

Posted Feb 18, 2017 03:24 AM

Hi Everyone.

We have installed ITCM agent on one of our server. There was some issue observed on 14th-Feb on that server. Now we want to track who all have accessed that server through ITCM Remote Control on that day.

Is there any log generated for remote control session.? If yes where can we find those logs?

Thanks in advance.

-Regards,

Rahul Mule

• 2.  Re: Log check Remote control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 12:43 AM

Dear Rahul,

I would advise you to use DSM reporter and pull a report:

Here are the steps to pull a relevant report:

Report Templates->Remote Control > Right click on Remote Control folder and select New report template and then select Remote Control Sessions from the Report template type and click on OK. In the Query tab advised client to select Sessions and in the fields tab, advised them to select Duration, Host, Time, User and Viewer and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samad

• 3.  Re: Log check Remote control

Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:21 AM

Hi Abdul,

On right clicking Remote Control folder, i am getting only 'Explore Form...' option.

But I can see "Previous Session" node under Remote Control Folder. There I can see session details authenticated by DM in lase 2 days.

What needs to be done to  get data older than that.

• 4.  Re: Log check Remote control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:38 AM

Hi Rahul,

Please follow the steps proposed by Samad in the DSM Reporter. As per the attached screenshot, it seems that you are in DSM Explorer.

To start the DSM Reporter from within DSM Explorer, go to the 'Tools' menu and select 'DSM Reporter'.

After that the DSM Reporter should start and you will be able to follow Samad's instructions in it.

I hope this helps.

Jordi.

• 5.  Re: Log check Remote control

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi Jordi/Samad,

I extracted the report by following Samad's steps as above.

But the data for Months Dec2016 & Jan2017 is missing.

What can be possible reasons for this??

• 6.  Re: Log check Remote control
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 09:32 AM

By default the RC manager purges session records that are 24 hours old. If you require to keep them longer then this can be done through the configuration policy. For example, you could set the policy to keep the records for 7 days and run a weekly report to archive the history for a longer period.

For important computers you can also set the configuration policy to automatically record the session to s secure area.

• 7.  Re: Log check Remote control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 07:21 AM

Hi

do you need any further clarification or is this thread now answered?

regards

Rich

• 8.  Re: Log check Remote control

Posted Feb 22, 2017 12:27 AM

Thank you all. I appreciate the time all of you have given to answer my queries. :-)

• 9.  Re: Log check Remote control

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 04:49 AM

Could you please mark this question as 'answered'.

Thanks,
    Samad