DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  IBM ISeries robot

Posted Feb 17, 2017 04:30 PM

I need to install a robot on an IBM ISeries computer. I have looked at the install instructions on the probes Product information, but it is totally greek to me. I see a ISeries robot on the nimsoft download site, and I downloaded it But it is a .zip file which requires a password to unzip. The Directions say that I need a nimbus.savf file which I am supposed to ftp to the AS400 system. Where do I get the nimbus.savf file they are talking about?

TIA

• 2.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 04:51 PM

Hi so you import the iseries robot to the archive on the main UIM server.

on then drag it and drop it on the primary UIM robot.

This will create a folder called:

\Nimsoft\install\setup\as400

This is where the two .savf are  and there is a readme file with detailed instructions.

hope this helps

• 3.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Posted Feb 17, 2017 05:00 PM

Gene,

Once the probe is up and running, can a newer robot be dropped on the existing running robot? I have one server that is appearing in UIM console but it is a version 5.50. Can I update it by just dropping the 5.73 robot on top of it? Also once they are running can you drop the probes in the matrix on the robot as well?

Thanks

Patrick

• 4.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 05:11 PM

Unfortunately not

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>

• 5.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Posted Feb 17, 2017 05:21 PM

When I drag the IseriesRobot out of the archive onto the hub01 robot I get an error that says "Installation packages can be distributed to nimsoft server hosts only"

• 6.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 06:24 PM

Has to be your primay uim hub not a secondary hub

Sent from Nine<http://www.9folders.com/>

• 7.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 10:18 AM

• 8.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Posted Feb 22, 2017 02:17 PM

We have several Iseries computers and I was wondering can you make super packages for these probes and deployed to other robots as well as other nimsoft probes? Some of these systems have a lot of disks, jobs, etc.

• 9.  Re: IBM ISeries robot

Posted Mar 03, 2017 04:19 AM

Here is the probes that works on IBMi (iSeries). Check them out, and see what would fit your setup.

diskstat or sysstat would work for disk monitoring.

jobs works for job/subsystem monitoring.