Symantec Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?

• 1.  Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?

Posted Feb 20, 2017 08:36 AM

Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network? Any suggestions on how to get into the GUI of the device or through SSH for CA support?

• 2.  Re: Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?

Posted Feb 22, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Dan.  I am not sure what you mean.  What do you mean by GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance?  Are you not able to login to CA PAM via those addresses?  Do you have another interface by which you are accessing CA PAM?  There are only two reasons where communication did not work over an interface.  One is that the Enabled box is not checked for the interface.  Can you confirm that the box is checked for these interfaces on your system?  The second possibility is that a route is required.  Take a look at the IP addresses on your interfaces and the system from which you are trying to reach CA PAM.  Compare this to what is under Additional Routes.  Add routes if necessary.

• 3.  Re: Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?

Posted Feb 22, 2017 10:18 AM
      |   view attached

Ed,

I am not able to verify if the enable checkbox is on because I can’t hit the GUI. It used to work with both IP’s on GB1 and GB2. Is there a way to connect directly to the appliance locally to resolve or check the interfaces?

Dan

Daniel Yodice

InfoSec Analyst

201-828-7061 Atlas 283-7061

• 4.  Re: Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2017 04:39 AM

Hi Dan

I understand in this case you do not have any route to the appliance and it is not responding on ping? Or is it only the GUI that does not work ?

ssh access is possible, but only if the machine responds to ping/ssh on one of the interfaces (obviously), if ssh is enabled in the remote debugging and if the ssh patch is installed. I am not sure if any of these three conditions is met in your case

If not, the only way I can think of would be serial access in the case of tha physical appliance, and the VMware console if this is a virtual appliance

Other than that there is not much more we can do. I would recommend a case be opened in support for this, as it will require further actions and analysis.

• 5.  Re: Has anyone seen where GB1 and GB2 are active and not able to reach the appliance. Verified on the appliance that both are setup correctly and rebooted device. Any suggestions why appliance is not seen on network?

Posted Feb 24, 2017 07:37 AM
      |   view attached

Miquel.

Thanks for the help. I have opened a support ticket already. Support is telling me to do the reset to factory settings option and see what happens from there.

Dan

Daniel Yodice

InfoSec Analyst

201-828-7061 Atlas 283-7061