DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:01 AM

Hi,

I am facing an issue where the ntservices do not list any profiles under the profiles tab. It is just a blank window. Even the services tab seems to be empty and I could not debug any errors in the log files as well. Any help here?

-Ananda

• 2.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 20, 2017 06:12 PM

What is the version of the probe you are using and what is the OS on which its installed?

Did you try open the probe using the Admin Console instead of IM  and see if that shows any different?

• 3.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 09:42 PM

What is the version/platform of Windows you deployed the ntservice probe? Check Support Matrix for the probe in the document below.

https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/Platform_Support_Availability_current.pdf 

1. Try redeploying the probe
    2. Try cold start of the probe (Deactivate/Activate) and test again

• 4.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:16 AM

Check to make sure that there are no firewalls in place blocking communications between the server where you are running Infrastructure Manager and the port that the ntservices probe is using.

Another customer had the UIM ports opened in their firewall (48000-48100), but they mistakenly set the first_probe_port on the robot where they had the ntservice probe installed to 4800.  All communications to the probes on this robot were blocked.  This was corrected by changing the first_probe_port to 48000 in the robot.cfg file and restarting the robot.

• 5.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 21, 2017 09:24 AM
      |   view attached

Hello All,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. I did try to downgrade the version of the probe and did a cold restart. I also found that in the settings, the probe start delay option was set with a high value and when I reduced the value and did a cold restart, this fixed. However, I am still confused if the delay time was causing any issue as it was set to 600 seconds.

-Ananda

• 6.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 22, 2017 05:42 AM

Hi Ananda,

Is the robot running with a local system account or is it using windows authentication? 

Also, is the controller running in proxy/passive mode? 

Thanks,

Mark

• 7.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 24, 2017 11:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Mark,

The robot is running using windows authentication. And also, the robot is configured to interact on a normal mode.

-Ananda

• 8.  Re: NTService Probe not picking up the services

Posted Feb 24, 2017 11:05 AM

Hi,

Please raise a support case, a remote session may resolve this issue a lot quicker than via this thread. 

Thanks,

Mark