Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

I'm sure this gets asked all the time but why can I not link an iteration with a Release? Also is there a way to add an enhancement request on this site?

• 1.  I'm sure this gets asked all the time but why can I not link an iteration with a Release? Also is there a way to add an enhancement request on this site?

Posted Feb 20, 2017 12:57 PM

So the Release would be the parent and the iterations would be the children - this would help me cut down on user errors I'm seeing when a user selects a sprint to add to a user story the list is very lengthy as iterations are not tied to release.  Would appreciate any insight if this is by design but would love the option to be able to only display iterations that are attached to the selected release.  Thanks!

• 2.  Re: I'm sure this gets asked all the time but why can I not link an iteration with a Release? Also is there a way to add an enhancement request on this site?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 06:00 PM

Hi! It's by design that iterations aren't tied to releases. If you'd like to open it as an enhancement request, you can do so via CA Agile Central Idea Manager at https://ideas.rallydev.com. I didn't see that idea already in there, so I think you'd want to open a new one.

If you need any help using Idea Manager, just let me know.

• 3.  Re: I'm sure this gets asked all the time but why can I not link an iteration with a Release? Also is there a way to add an enhancement request on this site?

Posted Feb 21, 2017 07:27 PM

We like the rally feature that iterations are not tied up with the release. Iteration is for development and we develop based on cadence and deliver as needed. In one iteration team can work on items for different release.