CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM SLA Configuration

Posted Feb 21, 2017 01:34 AM

Hello,  We are currently using the CA SDM 14.1 with MS SQL 2008 R2. We have Same SLA For Incident & Request currently. 

We want to configure different SLA for both Incident & Request with existing data remain same with old SLA.

Kindly suggest .

Regards,

Piyush Mer

• 2.  Re: CA SDM SLA Configuration

Posted Feb 21, 2017 08:22 AM

Hi Pyush, 

I am not sure if this is possible but it really depends on how your SLAs are being attached to the tickets.  Are you doing it via an auto-event on every ticket?  Or is it specific to the category on the tickets?  I dont believe you can change the SLAs now and have existing data still execute the old SLAs, not sure that would work.

Can you give us an idea of how you have SLAs set up currently?

Thanks,

Jon

• 3.  Re: CA SDM SLA Configuration

Posted Feb 22, 2017 03:02 AM

Hi Jon,

Currently we have SLA maped with Priority for Incident & Request.  

P1   2 Hr

P2   24 Hr

P3   48 Hr

We want SLA As Below

Incident 

P1   1 Hr

P2   12 Hr

P3   24 Hr

Request 

P1   2 Hr

P2   24 Hr

P3   36 Hr

Regards,

Piyush Mer

• 4.  Re: CA SDM SLA Configuration

Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:42 AM

Hi Piyush,

Out of box functionality will allow us to add a single SLA record to Request/Incident Priority record. if you would like to have different SLA's for requests and incidents

• you have to create a custom table which consists the ticket type, priority and associated SLA record.
    • Write a custom .spl function to determine which sla record to attach to the ticket

Thank you,

Regards,

Venkat

• 5.  Re: CA SDM SLA Configuration

Posted Feb 22, 2017 11:26 AM

This may be as simple as adding more events to your Priority based Service Types (SLAs) and then include conditions in all events that test for type = 'R' (Request) or type = 'I' (Incident).

That said, I have found that using Priority based Service Types is not the best way to go. Some requests can be done quickly (e.g. Add me to an access group) and others take a while (e.g. Order me a new custom built server). Both requests could be priority 1 but should not be held to the same performance time frame.

Better still would be to relate the Service Type to each Request Category. Then you can set reasonable performance values for each type of request and manage customer expectations better.